🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Insufficient Paypal Balance
Page options
f5640712
Community Member

Insufficient Paypal Balance

I was wondering when a client is charged for a fixed price contract, also, what happens when the client has insufficient paypal balance? Suppose the the client owes the freelancer $20 but the client has $10, will the $10 be deducted from the client's paypal or will they not be charged at all?
3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Humza S wrote:
I was wondering when a client is charged for a fixed price contract,

The client is charged when you accept the offer. It is your responsibility to check that the full amount for the work you are doing is funded in Escrow before you do the work.

Humza S wrote:
What happens when the client has insufficient paypal balance? Suppose the the client owes the freelancer $20 but the client has $10, will the $10 be deducted from the client's paypal or will they not be charged at all?

Then a contract won't be created. Either the full amont to be put into Escrow can be charged, or nothing.

f5640712
Community Member

But I've seen some projects with "unverified payment", what about those?

Clients don't have to verify payment and fund the project until they make an offer to the freelancer. When you get an offer, make sure the escrow amount is what you agreed on, as Petra said, and that the payment method is showing as verified.  Before the offer is extended, the verification doesn't matter. If you get an offer without the payment method showing as verified, ask the client to verify it before you accept.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths