🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Interpretation of My Stats
Page options
thisiszoaib
Community Member

Interpretation of My Stats

Hi everyone,

Ive joined Upwork in the past month or so and have been able to get a client and multiple jobs from the same. However, I'm finding it bit difficult to get more.

I checked out the 'My Stats' page yesterday and the following came up:

MyStats.PNG

Can anyone please explain a bit about what each of these parameters mean and what I can I improve in my profile and/or proposal process to get interviewed more?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jefframlee
Community Member

That tells me that you're not making the most of your monthly connects. If you're struggling for work - you really need to focus on attracting clients. Get yourself out there. Apply for jobs. Impress them with your proposals.

You get 60 connects each month. With each proposal costing 2 connects.. you should really have been closer to 90 jobs applied within the past 90 days.

As for the rest...

You were viewed:

You get viewed more than the average freelancer in your field.

You were interviewed:

Most of the other freelancers offering the same services get interviewed more times than you.

You were hired:

You get hired more often than other freelancers in your field.

And remember - this is only specific to freelancers offering Web, Mobile & Software Development.

So based on what I see - you do well getting hired. But you have trouble competing for interviews.

My suggestion - improve your pitch. Make your proposal stand out from the other freelancers applications.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zoaib, 

I would like to share this help article that explains your My Stats page in detail. Hopefully it helps you understand the data on this page of your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks Avery.

I had looked up the help page before, but it doesn't seem to explain each parameter in any detail, so I can take corrective action.

For instance, what does Viewed mean really? Does it mean how much my profile was viewed or my proposal? And if I'm getting less than average interviews, does this mean my proposal is not upto the mark or my profile?

Regards,

Zoaib

Hi Zoaib, 

This was available on the help article I sent which I hope clarifies what viewed means: 

• Profile view count – Number of distinct people who have viewed your profile tile in search results daily, in the past 30 days

As such, the Marketing Effectiveness section of the profile is statistics on how many people are viewing and visiting your profile.

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery O wrote:

Hi Zoaib, 

This was available on the help article I sent which I hope clarifies what viewed means: 

• Profile view count – Number of distinct people who have viewed your profile tile in search results daily, in the past 30 days

As such, the Marketing Effectiveness section of the profile is statistics on how many people are viewing and visiting your profile.

I believe Zoaib was referring to the "You were viewed" bar, not the "Profile views" statistics. The three bars are not mentioned on the page you linked to, and they appear to refer to proposals, not profile. This is supported by the fact that my "You were viewed" bar has gone up recently (along with my "You were interviewed"), although I've had my status set to Unavailable. I believe this is due to unsuccessful proposals falling out of the 90 day window.

ETA. I overlooked that the three bars are mentioned (inadequately) higher up the page, where they're referred to as "application statistics"

jefframlee
Community Member

That tells me that you're not making the most of your monthly connects. If you're struggling for work - you really need to focus on attracting clients. Get yourself out there. Apply for jobs. Impress them with your proposals.

You get 60 connects each month. With each proposal costing 2 connects.. you should really have been closer to 90 jobs applied within the past 90 days.

As for the rest...

You were viewed:

You get viewed more than the average freelancer in your field.

You were interviewed:

Most of the other freelancers offering the same services get interviewed more times than you.

You were hired:

You get hired more often than other freelancers in your field.

And remember - this is only specific to freelancers offering Web, Mobile & Software Development.

So based on what I see - you do well getting hired. But you have trouble competing for interviews.

My suggestion - improve your pitch. Make your proposal stand out from the other freelancers applications.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths