🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Interviews and Conversations off from Upwork
Page options
ladyjl0n2
Community Member

Interviews and Conversations off from Upwork

Hello:  I am fairly new to UpWork.  Lately I have been getting interviews through text messages on my phone.  I was wondering if anyone else has experience this.  Honestly if I push to interview through UpWork they want to keep it in text message.  I went through the automated bot and it said it was ok but something doesn't feel right.  If anyone can give me some direction on how to handle these type of contacts from Upwork I would appreciate it.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gaspardjack
Community Member

According to the new TOS, you are not allowed to share contact information untill a contract is in place:

Sharing information on Upwork

Frequently Asked Questions on TOS changes regarding information sharing and interviews

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gaspardjack
Community Member

According to the new TOS, you are not allowed to share contact information untill a contract is in place:

Sharing information on Upwork

Frequently Asked Questions on TOS changes regarding information sharing and interviews

Thank you for your response.  I haven't shared any information with anyone because I know it is not allowed.  There were people who initiated contacted and said they were from UpWork.  Should I report these numbers that sent text messages to my phone? 

How they got your phone number? Upwork doesn't share your contact details and doesn't send text messages. I am missing something here.

Hi Joan,

Could you please send me a PM with more information so I can check this for you? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I went through the automated bot and it said it was ok"

The chatbot is a toy.

No, that is not okay.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths