🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Invitation Link Error
Page options
2144b49f
Community Member

Invitation Link Error

Hi!

A user is trying to add me to their team. I got this email:

<User> has invited you to join their team on Upwork to help them hire for their job post: 
<Job Title> 
Create an Upwork account and you'll automatically be added to <User>'s team.

Get Started (button)

The first time I clicked on it and signed up, but I wasn't added to the team. When I click it again I get the error message: "We couldn't process the invitation, because the email for this account does not match the email in the invitation. Please log out of Upwork and click on the invitation link again." - Even though I'm logging in with the same email. 

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Karan,

Sorry to hear you encountered this issues. Someone from our team will assist you directly. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I have this same issue. I have an upwork account, received an invitation, clicked on the link and it took me to my account. I don't have access to see the sender's job postings.

Hello Jaime,

I just checked your account and I wasn't able to find any invitation in your account. Could you please give me some more details about your concern via PM so I can help you out? Thanks!

Untitled

Below is a copy of the text from the email Rebecca sent me. When I click on "get started", it takes me to my account's job postings. I can not see Rebecca's job postings or interact with her job postings. It does not give me an option to join her team. I added a screenshot of the invite.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jaime,

You'll need to click on your account on the upper right hand corner of the page, and toggle that down to select your account associated with the client. From there you will be able to access the related job postings.

~Nina

i can see the jobs i have posted from my account, however i do not have any at this time. however, i can not see the jobs posted from rebecca's account. rebecca has posted a job and is interviewing people. i need to be apart of that process, how do i do that? see screen shot of what i see form my account. there are no job postings from rebecca's account.

Hi Jaime,

It appears that you are not in the correct account and will need to toggle to the team account, however first she will need to enable your permissions in her team settings so that you can get the access you need. Once this is done, you should then be able to toggle into her account the way I advised in my previous post, and view her job posts and any related proposals.

~Nina
2144b49f
Community Member

My email was a public gmail account and the team has a company email account. I still haven’t solved this problem with the gmail account, however we were able to collaborate by using another email from the companies domain.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's good to know, Karan. Let us know if you still need assistance with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths