🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Invitations to interview
Page options
raju-sitaram
Community Member

Invitations to interview

Hi, I had submitted a proposal for a job about a month back.  In the last couple of days, I see that the Job data indicated that there were 3 Applicants and 3 are being Interviewed.

I am assuming that one of the 3 applicants is me though I have not received any notification for Interview.  Could somebody help me out with this.

Thanks

Raju

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Raju S wrote:

Hi, I had submitted a proposal for a job about a month back.  In the last couple of days, I see that the Job data indicated that there were 3 Applicants and 3 are being Interviewed.

I am assuming that one of the 3 applicants is me though I have not received any notification for Interview.  Could somebody help me out with this.

How do you assume that you are one of the people being interviewed when clearly you are NOT being interviewed?

Candidates the client declined or archived no longer count as "applicants" so that's why you are seeing "3 applicants, 3 interviews" - it means the client chose three to interview and declined or archived everyone else who applied, including yourself.

Sure, but wouldn't I be informed about it in some fashion.

My proposal still shows in my submitted proposal list. Is it then safe to assume that my proposal is not rejected.

@Raju S wrote:
1) Sure, but wouldn't I be informed about it in some fashion.

2) My proposal still shows in my submitted proposal list. Is it then safe to assume that my proposal is not rejected.

1) No

2)  It is still sitting in your "submitted proposal" list because your proposal was only archived, not declined. The end result is the same. You're not being interviewed, and if the client is going to hire anyone (questionable after a month) they'll hire one of the 3  they're interviewing.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths