🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Invite existing freelancer with "Exclusiv...
Page options
mpanich
Community Member

Invite existing freelancer with "Exclusive" rights to agency

Hello!
I have created an agency and I want to invite freelancer with "Exclusive" rights. But he allready has an account on platform. Should he create the new account or I should invite his existing account? Will he able to work outside of my agency?
Thx

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Panich,

Please keep in mind that freelancers are allowed to have only one account. Having more than one is a violation of our TOS.

You can invite your team member to join your agency with his current account.
If you invite them to join the agency as an exclusive member, they will be able to work only on projects under the agency. If you invite them as a Non-Exclusive member, they will be able to work under the agency and as an independent freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Panich M wrote:

I have created an agency and I want to invite freelancer with "Exclusive" rights. But he allready has an account on platform. Should he create the new account or I should invite his existing

Why would the freelancer agree to be exclusive, which has only disadvantages for him?

At any rate, he must not under any ciscumstances create a new account or he could lose both. You have to invite the existing account.

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

While every individual has to make the choice that is right for them, there are several advantages for freelancers who are part of an agency. For example, agency freelancers may have access to larger, longer-term projects as agencies are able to complete more complex, multi-skill projects. Additionally, agency Business Managers are often seeking work for their team members which means freelancers can spend less time looking for work and more time working.

Thanks!

Mike

Agency Program Coordinator

Cheers,
Mike
petra_r
Community Member

Mike J wrote:

While every individual has to make the choice that is right for them, there are several advantages for freelancers who are part of an agency. 

Please re-read what I wrote. 

I was referring to a freelancer being an exclusive (v non-exclusive) agency member.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths