🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Invites Sent and Unanswered Invites
Page options
shairaguevarra
Community Member

Invites Sent and Unanswered Invites

Good day!

I always check the "Activity on this Job" whenever I send a proposal just to know if they already hired someone or still interviewing. 

What I don't get is what are the Invites Sent and Unaswered Invites? Are these from the client or the freelancers? 

I hope you can differentiate the two 🙂

Thank you so much

Regards,
Shai

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robinwriter1
Community Member

Hey Shai, some clients search the freelancer database for freelancers, and they sometimes send "invitations to interview" to freelancers who they feel fit their needs for their project. "Invites Sent" is the number of interview invitations that a client sent to various freelancers, and "Unanswered Invites" are the number of "invited freelancers" that have yet to respond to their invitation to interview. Much success, Robin

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
samrat3
Community Member

"Invites sent"- From the client to the freelancers.

"Unanswered invites- The number of Freelancers who did not repond to the invites sent by the client.

"Interviewing"- The client interviewing the number of freelancers.

Thank you sir Samrat for answering in a simple yet clear way

Best,
Shai

Hi.

Okay so i applied for this job. And the employer messaged me sending a file confirming if i could do it.

My question is, the recieving of this message is 'being hired' or 'interviewing'?

Is there any special notification confirming that you are now hired?

Im sorry if the question seems lame but i am confused about this.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Tooba,

A client needs to send you an offer, you may accept it if it suits you! Once you have a contract with the client you can start working on it. When working on Upwork, please make sure that you have a contract with a client before doing any work, and ensure that they have a verified billing method so that the work you do can be covered by Upwork Payment Protection. If you have any questions feel free to follow up in the Community and we'll gladly help you with them.

~ Bojan
Upwork

if i am submitting a proposal for a job how do i know if my proposal was seen by the client or not?

Hi Abhishek,

Unfortunately we don't have an option at the moment that will show you if your proposal was viewed. Once your proposal is accepted a message room will be created and you will be able to communicate with your client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey guys,

So is there a possibility to have that option in the near future?Smiley Happy

asif8208
Community Member

How is it possible that Invite sent showing 0 and Interview showing 3 or any number? How can a client take interview without sending invites? How upwork works? I did not understand. Sometimes invites sent is 0, interviewing is 0, and shows client has hired!. 

Hi Asif,

Not all interviews result from an invite! The interviews you're referring to might be happening because a freelancer submitted a proposal and the client replied. Also, if the client interviewed only one freelancer and then hired them, there would be one hire but no interviews in the job post. 

~Andrea
Upwork
robinwriter1
Community Member

Hey Shai, some clients search the freelancer database for freelancers, and they sometimes send "invitations to interview" to freelancers who they feel fit their needs for their project. "Invites Sent" is the number of interview invitations that a client sent to various freelancers, and "Unanswered Invites" are the number of "invited freelancers" that have yet to respond to their invitation to interview. Much success, Robin

Thank you so much, Sir Robin for differentiating the two

Appreaciate it.

Best,
Shai

Hello Sir,

So what is the difference between "Interviewing" and "Invites Sent" please?

Thanks,

Palak

Hi Palak,

Interviewing means with how many people his conducting interview's for his project. 
Invite Sent means how many invitations has the client sent to freelancers.

~ Goran
Upwork

Shaira, you might want to avoid jobs with a high number of interviews, like 50 or more, because sometimes that’s a sign that the client is trying to get free work done instead of hiring anyone.

Am I right in thinking that the number of proposals shown goes down when the client declines a proposal? I'm pretty sure I've sometimes seen that the number of proposals has gone down when I return to a job posting.

andrews_jay
Community Member

I received an invite, so I clicked on the link to the job listing and it says 0 invites sent.  But I got an invite for it.  This likely makes sense, but not to me.  Can someone help me understand why I'm confused?

Hi, Jay 🙂

Here's my take on your query.

I think Upwork takes a wee bit of time in synchronising data. If you reloaded the page again in say, three minutes, you would have observed a change that reflects your status as an invitee. I know it's coming quite late as you might have figured this out already, however, I feel it might be beneficial to newbies like me who might get directed to this page from a google search.

Life and love is my religion. I believe that miracles are normal.
bidhan_pandey
Community Member

This is the status on the job posting.

Invites sent : 1

Unanswered invites: 1

But I replied to the client. And how come it still says 1 unanswered invite?

Hi Bidhan,

I checked and it seems that the job post you are referring to has no unanswered invites. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I see this figure on a job,

Interviewing = 0

Invites sent  = 2

Unanswered invites = 1

Now, if Unanswered invites is left only 1 then why interviewing is not showing as 1?? What can be the status of second invite in this case???

Many time I notice the same thing on various job and could not understand this! Please answer.

Hi Abhimanyu,

When a freelancer is invited to a job, they can reply accepting or decline that invitation. It is possible that in this case, the freelancer who replied decided to decline the invitation and so no interview was started. You can read more about invites and interviews here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
sfguido
Community Member

Hello, I have read this entire thread, and I still don't understand. 

I have created a job post; made it private/invite only; and then invited a specific freelancer to apply. One hour later, the job says "Invite Only. O proposals; O messaged;  O hired".  I go the freelancer's profile page, try to hire her, and it says :"Interviewing".  But the job post still says nobody has been invited. Has she been invited?

Hi Andrew,

If you have sent an invite, it won't show or count as hired. It will only count once you have sent an offer and the freelancer accepted the offer. Could you please confirm the job post you're referring to so I can further check? You can send me a PM with the link. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sfguido
Community Member

Hello – thank you for your very quick reply. I don’t want to show who has been Hired—I want to check that they have been Invited.

However the issue has been fixed. Now, two hours after posting the job, it is finally showing the freelancer that I invited.

So ticket closed! Thanks again,

Andrew

18c7b72c
Community Member

Hi, I received an invite yesterday and sent a reply almost immediatly. Today, I checked on the job posting and it's written: invite sent> 5/ unanswered invite> 5. How can it be when I answered mine 12 hours ago? 

Hi Alix,

Since you've accepted the client's invitation to interview and an interview room was created, you are included in the "Interviewing" metric of the Activity on this job section.

~Andrea
Upwork
kc001
Community Member

why doesnt the job dissapear once someone has been hired?

that stops us from wasting our time and connects from applying for the job. 

Hi Katherine,

This is the client's decision. They may keep the job post open if they're still looking to hire more freelancers.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths