🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Invites not working?
Page options
a9d8ed1f
Community Member

Invites not working?

I just joined this evening, posted a job, and have invited about 8 or 9 developers to the job. But when I look at the job, it says 0 under 'invites sent' and the check mark next to the developer appears as though I never sent the invite. What's going on here?

17 REPLIES 17
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Branden, 

I checked your account and I wasn't sure which job post you're referring to. I would just like to clarify that all freelancers who are Invited to a job post, and who responded to the invite will show up on the Invite Freelancers tab

~ Avery
Upwork
a9d8ed1f
Community Member

They eventually showed up. I've been talking to a few developers, so I think the problem resolved itself. Thank you!

80258d68
Community Member

Same issue.  I invited.  Saw that no one was in the list.  Invited again.  Nothing.  Went back a third time.

I don't have time to figure out that the invited freelancers show up only IF they respond.  That's not the definition of "invited".  The UI should make it clear.

All it says is "No invited freelancers yet"

Upwork feels more and more like a product whose owners no longer care about it.  Too many things like this waste my time.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roman,

I'm sorry about your experience! I checked this for you on our end and was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing (picture below). Please clear your cache and cookies and try using different browser. If the issue shows on your end after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

Screenshot from July 10, 2018 6_15 PM.png

~ Bojan
Upwork
dd2be9f1
Community Member

Same issue as the other two. I got confirmations that the invites were sent but nothing under the "Invited Freelancers" tab. I'm hoping its just the caching that's messed up and it'll show up later. And yes, I already logged out and cleared my browser cache before trying it again...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chandan,

I checked this for you and was able to see Invited Freelancers list, it usually takes some time for that tab to update. Please check this again and let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
393c34e5
Community Member

Same problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

I just checked your job post and was able to see Invited Freelancers list. Usually, it takes some time to update. Please check your job post again and let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0c7208aa
Community Member

Same issue for me too

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and was able to see the list of the freelancers you invited. Sometimes, it takes some time to update. Please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The same problem, Have any solution?

Hi Paul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account and job posts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same issue for me too, I invited 3 but it shows up at 0, very strange

Hi Philip,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

same issue

Hi Christopher,

I checked and it looks like you have successfully invited freelancers for your project. It may take a little time for the updates to show. Could you please check again by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork

In my experience, the number of invites always stays at 0 for a good few hours after invites have been sent. I can't think why it should take this long to update, but if this can't be fixed the field should be left blank until the first update, instead of showing a false number of 0.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths