🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Invites sent vs interviewing
Page options
perpetualrose
Community Member

Invites sent vs interviewing

Hello, I am fairly new to upwork and would like a clarification on this issue;
What does it mean when a freelancer has sent a proposal, but it does not feature in the sent invites/unanswered invites or interviewing section?There is no decline notification either.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Rose M wrote:
What does it mean when a freelancer has sent a proposal, but it does not feature in the sent invites/unanswered invites or interviewing section?There is no decline notification either.

Are you referring to the information at the bottom of the project page? "Invitations" are when a client proactively invites specific freelancers, but this is optional (which is why some job posts show "0") and it doesn't mean that other freelancers haven't also sent proposals. "Unanswered invitations" are the number of invited freelancers who haven't responded yet; again, if the client hasn't invited anyone, this number will also show "0". And "Interviewing" means the number of freelancers to whom a client has sent at least one message.

So, if you sent a proposal to a client and you weren't invited and the client hasn't sent you any messages yet, then your proposal won't count towards the totals shown in this section. It doesn't mean that the client hasn't received or read your proposal. And it's pretty rare (in my experience, anyway) to receive a decline notification. Clients will mainly just communicate with freelancers who interest them, and don't communicate at all with the rest of the people who apply.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rose,

Just to confirm, are you referring to your Archived tab and the archived proposals? If yes, once you're under your Archived tab you will see the reason why your proposal was removed from the "Submitted proposals" list. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, No am referring to active proposals. The proposal appears in my profile as active but on the job posting everything still reads 0.

Hi Goran,
No am referring to active proposals. The proposal appears in my profile as active but on the job posting everything still reads 0.

Hi Rose,

In that case, you need to allow a bit more time for the system to update and the job post to reflect the newest activity.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Rose M wrote:

Are you referring to the information at the bottom of the project page? "Invitations" are when a client proactively invites specific freelancers, but this is optional (which is why some job posts show "0") and it doesn't mean that other freelancers haven't also sent proposals. "Unanswered invitations" are the number of invited freelancers who haven't responded yet; again, if the client hasn't invited anyone, this number will also show "0". And "Interviewing" means the number of freelancers to whom a client has sent at least one message.

So, if you sent a proposal to a client and you weren't invited and the client hasn't sent you any messages yet, then your proposal won't count towards the totals shown in this section. It doesn't mean that the client hasn't received or read your proposal. And it's pretty rare (in my experience, anyway) to receive a decline notification. Clients will mainly just communicate with freelancers who interest them, and don't communicate at all with the rest of the people who apply.

Thank you Christine. This answers me
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths