🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Inviting A Local Client To Join Upwork
Page options
waqasazhar
Community Member

Inviting A Local Client To Join Upwork

I asked a client of mine to join upwork and requested him to work with me through this platform. But he just told me that his account was immediately suspended once he went through all the process of creating and verifying his account. He also said that he posted a job but as soon as he posted the job, his account was suspended. How can I help him recover his account? I want him on upwork and want him to pay me through upwork. He also wants to join as he has been working with me locally for over 2 years now. Please suggest me what to do.

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Waqas,

I will reach out to you via PM with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran. I shall be anxiously looking forward to hearing from you. 

Regards,

Waqas A.

petra_r
Community Member

Waqas A wrote:

IHe also wants to join as he has been working with me locally for over 2 years now.

So why in the world would you want to work with him on Upwork?

I can't think of one genuine reason that does not involve breach of Upwork rules... (Profile & Feedback building by sneaky means...)

It's also possible that Upwork noticed a link between your socalled "client" and another user account.

Hello Petra,

Because I saw an email from upwork that said that I can invite clients and pay zero commission if I can prove that I have been working with them before. 

That's why I was trying to invite him over. But if that's such a big deal, I'll ask him to stop trying. 

I didn't mean to build up my profile with fake reviews Petra. Not 1 feedback on my profile is from fake clients. 

I hope that clears my point about why I was trying to invite him to upwork. 

Thanks and Regards,

Waqas A.

Waqas A wrote:

Because I saw an email from upwork that said that I can invite clients and pay zero commission

If you're top rated you can, but the client still pays 3%

It is still likely that your client was suspended for some connection to an existing account (duplicate / as freelancer or client)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths