🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Invoice Description
Page options
melissamolejon
Community Member

Invoice Description

Good day everyone!

My client just received my 1st invoice for last week's project. Unfortunately, the client wants to see a more specific description rather than just the work week. He expected me to set the name of the project as the description. I always label the work I do on the time tracking and of course that would become the Memo. I initially thought that the Memo will automatically become the description on the invoice but apparently, I was wrong (Please see attached sample). I tried looking around but can't find a place where I can set the descritiption.

My client said he had already worked with someone in upwork for 2 years before and they always do that. I don't know where to go to get what he wanted to see on the invoice.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tta192
Community Member

The invoice is created automatically and you have no control over the contents. Your client can inspect the worklogs to see the detailed memos.

I really wouldn't recommend it, but if you both agree to this you can ignore the invoices created by Upwork and send the client an invoice you create yourself, for the same amount and a modified description. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tta192
Community Member

The invoice is created automatically and you have no control over the contents. Your client can inspect the worklogs to see the detailed memos.

I really wouldn't recommend it, but if you both agree to this you can ignore the invoices created by Upwork and send the client an invoice you create yourself, for the same amount and a modified description. 

I considered doing this too. Thanks for answering my question!

If you do send a side invoice like that, I suggest clearly marking it as informational and payable only through Upwork, just so there's no confusion. I do similar for one of my clients who wants to see detail broken down by their clients.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths