🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Did not receive enough connects
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anoop,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Upwork team!

I love Upwork very much! I have a question, I have already completed the Upwork readiness test. My passed mark 5.00. I have completed one project perfectly and my rating is 4:80. And I am an active freelancer. I try to bid mostly with my related skills. Please let me know, Can I get the rising talent badge?

Thanks again Upwork team

Regards

Arfat Hossen

Hi Arfat,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Upwork Community,

Suddenly I  completed Readiness Test with 5 Marks 3 times. But I can't Get an Upwork Rising Talent Badge. But Why. Can anyone help me..??

Hi Abdullah,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What does Upwork mean by "Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days" as a criterion for the Rising Talent badge?

Does it mean to come online or log in to Upwork every day, apply for jobs, or message clients? What does it mean to be active?

Hi Walter,

Being active means that you have been actively using your Upwork account- (submitting proposals, responding to invites). Once you meet the criteria listed here, you will be notified and the badge will be added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

What does Upwork mean by "Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days" as a criterion for the Rising Talent badge?

Does it mean to come online or log in to Upwork every day, apply for jobs, or message clients? What does it mean to be active?

Hello, 

I have received email about Rising talent program, which is asking to complet upwork Readness test, as i have already completed readness test with 4.5  score why its asking again for test.

Your quicdence on this highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Jhaman,

I checked but couldn't replicate the issue as the notification wasn't showing. I checked and you did pass the Upwork Readiness Test and if the notification continues to show, please, take a screenshot and send me a private message so that I can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My profile is 100%complete and l passed the jss test so when can l get the badge?
Or do l need to do any more test

Hi Sogbanmu,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Are you referring to the Rising Talent badge? If so, please note that the Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, as a newbie I went through a freelancer search in the platform to get an understanding on the positioning of my profile. 

To my surprise, I found a freelancer tagged as "rising talent" but he has no work and earning history here, let alone reviews.

I checked the relevant page and requirement 2 for rising talent is: "Complete your projects on time and as promised" - and how about having no contracted pieces of work at all in this platform?

I had to digest plenty of information and rules during this time as beginner here, there is a good chance that I missed something important.

I am in the understanding that such achievements would depend on work history, quality and timing of services and reviews. 

If that's wrong, well, I would aspire to the "rising talent" medal as well. How can I qualify then? Thanks for your informed advice. 😉 

Hi Deborah,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

As a reminder, we look at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile upon submission, including prior experience and skills and your educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the market. Therefore, even new freelancers who have yet to complete any projects on Upwork can be admitted into the Rising Talent program.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for articulating this. I remain confused regarding the "client feedback" element - how can one get feedback if he/she has no clients and no work history here? 

If no Upwork work record is required, as a newbie, I would feel relieved and would see the "Rising Talent" badge as an opportunity for me too. 

Hi Joanne,

May I know what is the status of my profile, how can I be part of the rising talent or even be on the top-rated list? I can see other profiles that only have pending applications and they do not even have feedback yet or even active work, they are already part of the rising talent. 

Hi Jerome,

For more information on the Top-Rated badge and the eligibility to receive one, feel free to check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I hope everyone is safe and doing fine.

May I know how soon can I get to be part of the Rising Talent program?

I think I had comply all the following requirements upwork given.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Julius Jhomaree,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi all,
I'm positive I meet all the requirements to become a "Rising Talent" and it's been already a week since I completed teh last requirement and I still got no notification or email. 
Could you please verify if everythign is ok ?
Maybe I missed something ?
Thank you in advance

Hi Victor,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Is there a way I can verify whether I meet all the requirements ?
I'm just looking on all pages related to this topic and I see everywhere I
read that I fulfilled all of them.
SO I really don't know what's happening

Hi Victor,

You are doing good. Just concentrate on bagging more contracts and finishing them according to the requirements of your client. Good feedback from your client matters more and help you in getting more contracts. Rest of the kudos will follow automatically.

Warm Regards

Ajit

So my profile is ok, I just need more finished jobs to get the Rising Star
?
Because I saw people who had only 1 job done but got the Rising Start
status already so I don't understand how it works

Hello!

I have all the requirements to have the Rising Talent badge, since one week now, and still it doesn't appear on my profile.

Can I know the reason?

Regards,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

As a gentle reminder, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Accordingto this article, I meet all the requirements to have the Rising Talent Badge. Nevertheless, it doesn't appear on my profile. I don't understand the reason.

Can someone explain to me?

Thank you!

Hi Pierre,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,

Thank you for your answer.

I know that and it has been more than 48 hours I meet all the requirements.

My profile is classified as 100% complete.
Why don't I have rising talent status?

Beverly,

There are a few other requirements in order to be eligible for the Rising Talent status, you can check here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent

A 100% complete profile is only one of the requirements.

As Rising Talent, you must
  1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  2. Complete your projects on time and as promised
  3. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your skills
  4. Keep your availability status up-to-date
  5. Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  6. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  7. Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent

Per the support doc, after completing all the requirements it may take up to 48 hours for the badge to appear.

If you have not yet completed it, the Upwork Readiness Test is linked under "My Jobs".

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/settings/readiness-test/

I'm new to Upwork Platform.
I've completed profile by100%, but rising talent not reached.
Please help me.

i would doubt that your profile is 100% complete. The automated system may show you 100% complete. but after manual review i can say it is only 70% complete. Write something about you, your experience, your expertise, your past projects etc.

Rising talent is more about manual invitation and less automated. Keep posting proposals. It would take around 4-5 weeks to get rising talent badge (this is my personal experience and not official).

Proper presentation with proper english language is important. Work on your english. It is good in profile but i am sure you will make mistake while submitting proposal. For example, It should be 'did not get rising talent badge' and not 'rising talent not reached'.

As Rising Talent, you must

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  2. Complete your projects on time and as promised
  3. Maintain a 100% complete profile    that accurately showcases your skills
  4. Keep your availability status   up-to-date
  5. Regularly submit proposals  to projects that match your skill set
  6. Adhere to the    Upwork Terms of Service
  7. Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

I  hope you fulfill all these conditions.  If not then  take appropriate steps. 

I did everything necessary to get the rising talent badge but still not getting it. Can someone please take a look at my profile and tell me what I am missing, thanks

Edel,

Once anyone has a JSS, they are no longer eligible for the rising talent badge, which is given to starter freelancers who have met all the criteria to get the badge. 

ETA: Your profile is set to private, so no one can comment on your profile. 

When i will be invited for rising talent? I am eligible and fulfilled all the requirements.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Talha Khalid,

Once you meet all the requirements for the Rising Talent program, you should receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths