🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New talent badges are now available!
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

I submitted my first proposal before my profile was 100% complete. Then I made it 100% complete, submitted another proposal and then took the Upwork Readiness Test. How can I be part of the Rising Talent program?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Congrats on completing the Upwork Readiness test. Once you meet all the requirements for the Rising Talent program, you should receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

I still did not get my 30 free connects and rising badge talent. I already passed the Upwork readiness test for more than 3 weeks now and also completed all the requirements for rising badge talent.  Need help thank you.

Zen Tristan T wrote:

Hi, 

I still did not get my 30 free connects and rising badge talent. I already passed the Upwork readiness test for more than 3 weeks now and also completed all the requirements for rising badge talent.  Need help thank you.

Once all requirements are met, the system will award you automatically. Check all the requirements. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

I already completed all the requirements a month ago.  but there are still no 30 connects and badge? Can you help? thanks

Hi Zen Tristan,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Upwork Community,

How are you all? I Hope you all are well.

Suddenly I created a Id on upwork and completed Readiness Test with 4.5 Marks. But I can't Get a Upwork Rising Talent Badge. But Why.. Can anyone help me..??

Hi Shaju,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ajmay
Community Member

Dear Bojan, I passed the Readiness test about 2 weeks ago, also have 92% job success, but didn't receive my badge yet, PLease help me.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marianna,

Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Since you have received your Job Success Score you won't be able to receive the Rising Talent Badge. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
1c402e07
Community Member

Hi,

It's been more than 48 hours since I passed my Upwork Readiness Test. I have not done any projects as I only recently joined. I was hoping the Rising Talent badge would help me secure more jobs. I maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases my skills, my availability status is up to date, I regularly submit proposals that match my skill set, I adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service and I have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days but still, no Rising Talent badge.

What could be the issue?

Regards,

Bongani 

Hi Bongani,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! Happy July 4th!

I checked out the "Help Article" along with all requirements, and found my profile eligible to the "Rising Talent" award, however, I am not getting it yet. 

Can you help? 

Thanks a lot! 

Cheers,

Susan

Hi Susan,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I've been looking into this because I see it a lot on job postings, and I'm continuously being told that I don't meet the requirements when I submit proposals. I'm really struggling to get clients due to being new on Upwork, and at this point I'm having to take jobs for peanuts just to get feedback and experience. I'm almost spending more buying connects than I'm getting paid. As near as I can tell, I meet all of the requirements for it.

* I've completed and closed all of my contracts before time.

* I do not have a JSS.

* I have a 100% complete profile.

*I get 5/5 score in readline test.

* My availability status is up to date.

* I'm submitting  proposals per day in my field and I complete all question fields.

* I have no TOS violations.

* I have been active in the last 90 days or joined with the last 30 days (both)

I did a little searching, and the forum is filled with questions about this, along with canned responses from mods that carefully avoid answering the question. So please, no responses with "It's awarded automatically once you meet the requirements" or "Well, you'll have a JSS soon anyway, so don't worry about it." Those are deflections, not answers. Either I (and apparently a number of other people) am misunderstanding the published requirements, or there is something else required that isn't disclosed.

Does anyone know what the secret is?

Hi Mohsin,

This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
236f3820
Community Member

okey i understand but atleast  answer this       what is the process designed ...  how much new profile upwork team saw daily to give them a badge !

and and please take a look onto my profile and told me where i'm lacking (weak points)..

Hi There... I have question about Rising Talent Badge. can you please let me know that why my profile is not eligible for this ? or what is pending from my end ? please review my Profile and do let me know. Thanks.... My Profile Link is -https://www.upwork.com/fl/mohsina288

petra_r
Community Member

Mohsin A wrote:

Hi There... I have question about Rising Talent Badge. can you please let me know that why my profile is not eligible for this ?

Nobody will tell you why. Just keep going, and you may or may not get it. 

As was confirmed previously by a moderator, Upwork will not tell you why you don't get it, so there is no point asking every week why you haven't got it.

If you become eligible, you get it automatically. If you don't get it automatically, you are currently not eligible.

Hi Karim,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork

thank you for the first question
there is no views on my profile. is there anything i should do about that ?

Hello all,

Its been more than three months I have been working on a project. I already completed one project. I am getting paid regularly and my profile is 100% active. I have already scored 5 in my upwork readiness test.

I have been waiting for rising talent badge for so long. May I know the reason why I didn't get it?
Can any one have a look into my profile and suggest me if I have to do anything?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Suraj,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. You will be notified once you qualify. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
n0obyii
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thank you so much for replying.

Thats where I am confused at. I met all the requirements mentioned in the article you sent above.

Hi Suraj,

This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I have a doubt. I do meet the criteria of Rising talent and have 2 successfully completed jobs with perfect rating and 1 in progress from 3 months. Do I need to do something to get rising talent badge or it will automatically appear?

What is the procedure?

Hi Sahil,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the quick reply.

I checked the criteria. I do qualify in all aspects but I haven't get any email confirmation.

Anyone here who can help me out please

Sahil Kumar M wrote:

Anyone here who can help me out please

It is very simple:

IF and when you qualify, you get it automatically. If you don't get it automatically, it means you don't qualify. Upwork will not tell you which element is causing you to not qualify.

Just keep going until you get a Job Success Score.

I meet all the requirements for being a Rising Talent at Upwork but I have not got this batch till now. Can someone explain what should I do more to have Rising Talent batch? 

ID.PNG

Please forgive me , I know am in a wrong thread to ask but I just have to.I completed the upwork readiness test and got 5 , I did as the article about the rising talent said but I haven't received the rising talent badge, is there a way you guys can check my profile and tell me what am i still missing , Thank you.

I meet all the requirements for being a Rising Talent at Upwork but I have not got this batch till now. Can someone explain what should I do more to have Rising Talent batch? 

I am a new freelancer on Upwork how can I get rising talent badge from Upwork ? can you help me

Irfan R wrote:

I am a new freelancer on Upwork how can I get rising talent badge from Upwork ? can you help me

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

I have recieved an email saying that I have been awarded a Rising Talent badge and to take the Upwrok Rediness Test to claim it. I have taken & passed the test 3 times but I do not see the badge listed on my profile. Can someone help me out with this? 

Hi Matthew, 

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. You will be notified once you the badge has been added to your account. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Dot,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, Upwork community,

This is Prosanta Mondal a proud freelancer of Upwork. I'm working on this platform about 8 to 10 months. I always try to abide by Upwork's terms and conditions.

But I didn't get rising talent badge yet so there are some questions rising in my mind.

I need to answer some of my questions which are:

1: Why I'm not getting Rising talent Badge

2: Check my profile weather I use any words , images, conversations, and Pre-packaged projects

that go against Upwork T & C.

3. would you please calculate, from next week what are the requirements I need to become a top Rated freelancer?

Note: Please check the overall of my account health. 

Thank you so much.

HI Prosanta, 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths