🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

So as I understand it, Rising Talent is a stepping stone to having a JSS, which then works towards Top Rated? So me going from having a RT badge to a JSS is a good thing?

Just making sure I understand correctly Cat Happy

Having a high JSS score as you do is definitely a great thing, Samuel. Congratulations on it!

Top Rated and Rising Talent are two separate Freelancer Programs. Maintaining Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks is one of the requirements for receiving the Top Rated badge. 

Once you meet all of the requirements for becoming Top Rated, it will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

100% profile completed

4 jobs with 5 star rating

90$ earned

Readiness test passed with 5.0

availbility is up to date

Why i'm not able to get Rising Talent badge?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you’ll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello.

I completly forgot about the Upwork readiness test and I was wondering why I am not getting the Rising Talent Badge.

I have all the other criteria for Rising Talent checked. I just took and passed the test a few mintues ago. Does that mean that the rest of the requirments will be counted only going forward?

Thanks,

Andrei

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrei,

Congratulations on completing the Upwork Readiness testRising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don’t have their Job Success Score yet. Since you have received your Job Success Score you won’t be able to receive the Rising Talent Badge. You can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
andrewhh
Community Member

Hello Bojan.

Thank you for you answer.

So going forward I should just be going through the 13 out of 16 weeks with a job success score greater than 90% to get the badge? 

I have everything else checked.

Thanks 

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for following up. Yes. you are correct. I would like to clarify that if you meet all qualifications including maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks you should receive the Top Rated badge

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, everyone!

How are you?

I need your help regarding the Rising Talent Badge.

I have seen many new freelancers who have done only one job or none at all, have Rising Talent Badge.

But for me, I have done 3 jobs and met all requirments and still no Rising Talent Badge.

How come some people have the badge with no history, while I don't?

Can you clarify this issue?

Hi Muhammad,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I just wanted to know what I am lacking for a rising talent badge

I successfully passed the readiness test and also being an active member and done some jobs but still not getting the rising talent badge whereas my friend created the new account and got the rising talent after verifying its account. 

Can you please look into my account and tell me.

Thanks 

Hi Zain,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed in this help article. The process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello!

I have completed upwork readiness test successfully 3 times now and i am also submitting the proposals regularly but i didn't get the rising talen badge? I don't know why?

Can anyone help? 

Hi Saqib,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I hope you're doing well!

I have a confusion if anyone can help me out. I didn't get my rising talent badge infect I do meet all the requirements for it. I have completed 5 jobs as well and have seen profiles with zero job completed, but they got rising talent badge.

Can anybody help me out here what I'm missing or probably any chance for me to get badge?  

Hi Rana Fraz,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I read about rising talent badge and its requirements, and I'm happy to have met them.
Surprisingly, the badge isn't coming up on my profile. Please, is there anything left to do to get the badge?
Thanks.

Hi Sam,

The Rising Talent badge is assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements. This is working as designed and we can't specify why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent program. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Upwork Community.

I hope you all guys are doing well.

My Specialty is Credentialing, Contracting, and Medical Billing.

I need some assistance from the Upwork Team, or from seniors.

I have started working on my Upwork account in May 2020, more than 10 months prior, completed 3 jobs and one is still under process, earn more than $1000 but still I have not received the Rising Talent Batch.

I would sincerely appreciate it if someone helps me out where I am lacking. So that I can work on my weakness.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Kamran M.

Take Upwork Readiness test ;). It's that easy.
Keep your profile 100 percent complete.

Thank You so very much for your reply.

I have passed the readiness test many times. also, my profile is 100 percent complete.

Hi Kamran,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when you meet the criteria listed here. Once you qualify, you will automatically receive a notification to let you know.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi !
I joined Upwork in Jan 2021. My profile is 100% complete, up to date availability status, submitting proposals regularly yet not being able to get the rising talent badge. I passed the readiness test, got connects too beforehand without the badge being displayed. The only criterion left is "to have at least one contract" to get the badge. Is it so?
Thank you in anticipation
(please find an attached ss, the only thing left is "complete projects on time", on the contrary Upwork gives rising talent badge without projects too, right?)

Hi!

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  2. Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
  3. Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
  4. Keep your availability status up-to-date
  5. Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  6. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  7. Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

you can learn more about how to get rising talent on this link: Get rising talent badge

thanks,

This info is available everywhere. My Q is "Is it compulsory to complete
at least one project to get the badge"?

Hi Sadia,

No, completing a project is not one of the requirements for the Rising Talent program.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

All right it means I'm eligible for the rising talent badge but not getting
any email pertaining to that is my top concern. I need help to resolve it.

Hi Sadia,

We are not able to provide the information you’re requesting since we can’t share the users’ Rising Talent qualification specifics. The Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements within 48 hours.

Happy working!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I completed all the crieteria of getting badge rising talent. I would like to request you to Please assign me badge.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zain,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you’ll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Good luck!

~ Bojan
Upwork
alizain49
Community Member

I already full fill the requirements to obtain the Rising Talent Badge but
no reply yet.

Hi,

My profile is all set and met each criterion to have a Rising Talent Badge, but I don't have one yet.

Please let me know why I don't have the badge.

Hi Hassan,

We are not able to provide the information you’re requesting since we can’t share the users’ Rising Talent qualification specifics. The Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements within 48 hours.

Happy working!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I have done a job and passed the readiness test already. But I didn't get a rising talent still. What can I do more?

I need to get help from Upwork team.

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fred,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. Please check this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you’ll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I've already had my first $1000 but until now I don't have a rising talent badge 😞 I've started my freelance journey last January 21, 2021. Any thoughts on how can I get the badge? Thank you so much

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I believe I met all the requirements for Rising Talent but still, got no badge display on my profile yet. Can you look into this?

Hi Rasul,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hey, I had 51 connects before the readiness test and other things that I added to get that rising badge. I successfully received the free 30 connects but I can't see the rising talent badge.

Am I a rising talent now?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths