🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Uprising Talent
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

But I did all requirements.

Hi,

I have joined upwork recently (less than a month) and I have completed 4 projects while 1 is in Progress, I have completed my profile, have responded to interviews, submitted milestones on time,completed readiness test, set my availability, applied for jobs matching my skills but I still havn't gotten my rising talent badge. What am i missing.

(note that all these requirement have already been completed for more than 48 hours.)

petra_r
Community Member

Wahab A wrote:

What am i missing.

Nobody is able to tell you that. Is your profile really 100% complete? (Look at Profile Completeness at the very bottom of your "My Stats" page

Also, not everyone gets it, and you'll get a JSS soon anyway.

bad40d92
Community Member

Yes, its 100% complete

petra_r
Community Member

Wahab A wrote:

Yes, its 100% complete

Then you're just not eligible right now. You may get a JSS on Sunday, or after the next job anyway.

bad40d92
Community Member

I have submitted my proposals for many jobs, some of them were not purely of my skill sets could that be the reason?

petra_r
Community Member

If clients marked them down: Possibly

My profile is 100% complete and other things are done too. But no rising talent badge till now?

Hi Shumail,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, thank you for having an amazing platform to connect clients with freelancers globally. I read through the requirements for having the rising talent badge and I am sure I have met these requirements. 

I also checked multiple accounts on this platform and I notice some profiles have no jobs and feedback but have this badge which makes me feel deprived...really.

The cliché response to this comment by the moderators would be dropping a link to the rising talent criteria page but I would prefer you check my profile and give me a response less generic and less scripted.

Thank you in anticipation.

I can see how Upwork's canned response to this question (which is asked every single day in the forum) must be very frustrating. Basically, fulfilling the requirements means that you are eligible for the badge, but eligibility is not a guarantee; it just means that you "could" receive the badge, not that you definitely will. I don't know why their response always makes it sound like everyone who fills out their profile and passes a test will automatically get Rising Talent (and the badge would be pretty meaningless if that was all you had to do - everyone would have it).

Upwork won't look at individual profiles and say that you need a degree or you need more work experience or different skills, because some freelancers would lie about these things in order to qualify. And it wouldn't really help you, would it? If Upwork said that you could get the badge if only you were a web developer instead of a customer service rep (for example), it's not like you can suddenly acquire this skill. So unfortunately, the canned response is the only official answer that you will receive.

Chibueze I wrote:

I read through the requirements for having the rising talent badge and I am sure I have met these requirements. 

Further to what Christine said, your account suspension will likely mean you won't be eligible. Carry on winning contracts and get a job success score, then you can work on getting top rated.

Hi Chibueze,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

Please note that neither our team here nor our Customer Support team will be able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Rising Talent qualification specifics.

Thank you for understanding,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Upwork Support Staff,

I have question about rising talent badge on my profile page. Any insight why is not displayed on my profile currently? Was on my page this AM. Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron,

Looks like the Rising Talent badge is currently showing on your profile. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi everyone,

I'm new to upwork. Two days ago I got a mail saying 'You are almost a Rising Talent' and all I need to do is to pass the upwork readiness test. I passed the test and now it has been 48 hours but niether I see any badge on my profile nor any notification from upwork regarding this. 

Can anyone guide me how I suppose to know what happened or what should be done next?

Thanks.

Hi Salim,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you’ll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, Community,

I have already passed the Upwork Readiness Test and received the connects also. But the issue is I haven't got the Rising Talent badge yet and it's been over 48 hours. May I know about itthis? Any lead would be appreciated. 

Regards

Hi Rabi,

Congrats on completing the Upwork Readiness test. Once you meet all the requirements for the Rising Talent program, you should receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, community!

I have just received my rising talent badge, I'm wondering about how long it will stay as I'm not available to work right now, I 'have a suspicion about disappearing it because I'm not working or seeking a job, and I set my status as not available (its a temporary status of course)

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yahia,

Congratulations on receiving the Rising Talent badge. As long as you maintaining all the  Rising Talent status requirements it will be shown on your profile! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I got my Job Success Score, will I not be getting my Rising Talent Badge now?

Hello Anupam,

Since you have already earned a Job Success Score (JSS) on your profile, you can start working toward Top Rated status. You can refer to this Help Article to know more about our Top Rated program.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

Hi,/

I had the rising talent badge till yesterday and It dissapeared.
I would like to know why it was removed.
Also, can youp please tel me how my JSS score is calculated?

Hi Marie,

I checked your account, and it looks like your Rising Talent badge has already been replaced by a Job Success Score. Once you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status will automatically be replaced by a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi!

I am new to Upwork and currently just submitting my first Proposals and trying to get hired. 

Have no JSS at the moment & no work history. 

Few days ago I received an email from Upwork team, to use the opportunity and become a Rising Talent freelancer awarded with the Rising Talent Badge, which will help me to increase my chances of getting hired & earn more. I was adviced to took the Upwork Readiness Test, which I took  and passed. 

Today I received the same e-mail offer again, despite already passing the test.

So please, what will the process be right now? Can I be awarded with this badge even before I get my first job, and will it help me somehow to ease my freelance journey? 

Thank you for your support. 

Hi Ema,

I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Ema,

Thanks for waiting patiently. Please allow up to 72 hours and the badge should start showing on your profile. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Commiunity

Can someone please explain how can I get the Rising Talent and Top Rated badge? 

I have fulfilled all the desired requirements :

• Passed Upwork Readiness Test
  • Profile is 100% complete & active
  • Availability Status up to date
  • Frequently submit proposals to job
  • Working with a client since October 2020
  • Long-term clients are 50%
  • 12-month earning: +10K
  •  

Is there anything else that I need to do to get these badges?

I think there is an issue with my account.

Thanks

Alireza D wrote:

Hi Commiunity

Can someone please explain how can I get the Rising Talent and Top Rated badge? 

I have fulfilled all the desired requirements :

• Passed Upwork Readiness Test
  • Profile is 100% complete & active
  • Availability Status up to date
  • Frequently submit proposals to job
  • Working with a client since October 2020
  • Long-term clients are 50%
  • 12-month earning: +10K
  •  

Is there anything else that I need to do to get these badges?

I think there is an issue with my account.

Thanks

You won't be able to get a Rising Talent badge because you already have a JSS - the badge is for new freelancers who don't have this rating yet. And since your JSS is 87%, you don't quite qualify for a top-rated badge either; the minimum is 90%.

How i can get the rising Talent badge??

Hi Amina,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
d8785e8b
Community Member

Thanks for your response. but am i not eligible for this? because i fulfill All requirements.

I have achieved the Rising Tallent Badge but it's not appearing on my profile I don't know why but it was showing on yesterday but I can't see it today

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Masood,

Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don’t have their Job Success Score yet. Since you have received your Job Success Score, you can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have received a rising talent badge yesterday but it's gone from my profile now what happened?

Hi everyone! 

Hope you are doing great!

I'd like to know why I don't get a rising talent badge or how long it could take me to get it.

I am an experienced designer and I have just finished my first job on the platform with an excellent client review, I passed the readiness Test, my profile is complete, I send proposals regularly (twice a week or so), my availability is updated, I respect Upwork Terms of service. So I don't know what is missing. 

Could anyone clarify this for me? Thanks in advance! 🙂

Jesica S wrote:

So I don't know what is missing. 

Time is what's missing. The system updates periodically, so once you meet the criteria, it could still be a few to several days before it updates.

Thank you, Michael! 

Hi there!

Yesterday i received a mail from Upwork. They told me for you are almost a "Rising Talent". To join the program, all i need to do is pass the Upwork Readiness Test And i give Readiness Test. My Readiness Test result was 5. But today i again received same mail as my yesterday mail from Upwork. They told me join the program and pass the Upwork Readiness Test. Now what can i do? Please help me.

Thanks
Sandip M.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths