🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork removed my Rising Talent Badge
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

I am a new freelancer. I have a 100% complete profile. In the last 24 hours, I have completed my first job successfully and I have also taken and passed my Upwork readiness test. I submit proposals frequently and have a verified ID. Please how soon can I get a rising talent badge? I believe I have met the requirements.

Hi Ofure,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

hello. i want to ask, how to get the rising talent badge. i read about it and i think my profile is qualified. can you please review it. 

oh ya, i join upwork since 2014, since the name is Odesk, but i active just a few month ago. is that prevent me to get a rising talent badge?

thanks for yout time

Hi Yanchen,

As you already have enough work history on Upwork and earned your Job Success Score, you are no longer eligible for the Rising Talent badge. However, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i am no longer eligible to receive rising talent badge? so i miss it 😄 😄

Hi Yanchen,

Yes, that is correct. You're no longer eligible for the Rising Talent badge as you already have earned your JSS.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have completed the readiness test. I have submitted close to 120 proposals in my first month. I have struck 4 jobs as well out of which 2 are ongoing and they are paying me hourly. Why am I still not getting the rising talent badge?

Hi Anuraag,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork

I think I have met all above.
Can anyone please tell me why I did not receive the "Rising Talent" badge?

Hello Arindam,

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi there,

I don't seem to be able to reach out to Upwork staff about my account in any other method, and the boy couldn't help me open a new ticket.

I am relatively new to Upwork but have had several jobs (all 5 star feedback, completed on time), and feel I meet all of the criteria for a Rising Talent badge but I have not been invited yet.

I have checked off everything on the list, so I really just need to know what I need to do now

Thank you!
Jenna

Hi Jenna,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes, I have read those guidelines over and over and I meet all of those
criteria, yet have not been invited.

I am in the midst of a high value task, and it's frustrating that I will be
charged double the fees just because something hasn't worked properly.

Hi Jenna,

You will be notified and the badge will be automatically added to your profile once you qualify. Please know that this shouldn't affect your earnings from your contracts. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Upwork support team, I wear the veil and I submit my ID card for verification and also selfie verification process is done but Upwork wants me to change my profile picture but I wear a veil and I can't be able to upload my picture please help me to solve my issue.

Thanks

Hi Sidra,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I have passed the test but I haven't got any confirmation about it. Also, I don't see a badge in my profile.

Hi Amir,

~Andrea
Upwork

Even after compliting all the requirements of getting rising talent badge still I didn't got the badge, So I kindly request any one of you can you go through my profile and let me now where I had done wrong. I had passed readiness test, finished 2 projects and Its already more than 2 months of upwork journey.

Hi Shashank,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Upwork Community, Recently I completed 3 Jobs with positive response and 5-Star Reviews.

Also, I have passed Upwork Readiness Test Etc. Meanwhile, I have completed all the Requirements that needed to get the rising talent Badge, but I still do not receive that. 

What I am missing to get that Badge? What is the Reason and what will be the solution.

Please help to get the Rising Talent Badge as IT am new on Upwork.
Thank you so much in advance !! 

Hi Muhammad,

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for your reply, I can understand that, but I completed everything that is required to get that title & still I don't get that that's why I needed help. Are there any suggestions for me to get that title?

Upwork solved a misunderstanding of getting my account blocked within a day. Since then I have lost my Rising Talent Badge, is there any algoritm that might be affecting me on getting new jobs? 

When I was a Rising Talent, I got responded 3/10 job submits even without the professional cathalogue of my services that I made,  I´ve been reading all the job descriptions to reply the client my solution to solve their requests.

By now I have 17 submitted proposals and 0 response, I want to know how to get back my rising talent badge, I have 100% job success and over 3k. My readiness test is 5/5 and 100% of my feedbacks by clients are good reviews, I had a longterm relationship with a client that didnt leave feedback at all, is that an issue?

Maximiliano Z wrote:

By now I have 17 submitted proposals and 0 response, I want to know how to get back my rising talent badge, I have 100% job success and over 3k.

You can't (ever) have a Rising Talent badge again, because you have a JSS. The two are mutually exclusive.

You now want to aim for Top Rated Status. 

Maximiliano Z wrote:

By now I have 17 submitted proposals and 0 response

No, that is not an issue at all.

17 proposals is not an unusually high number of proposals. Sometimes you get a response for 4 out of 5, other times it's nothing from 20. It's just the way it goes. 

Hi there, 

I have all the requirements for rising talent badge. But I didn't receive any invitation for the badge. I don't have any JSS so somebody guide me to attain the Rising Talent Badge.

Thanks & Regards

VISAKH S R

Hi Visakh,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have already completed the qualifications to avail the Rising Talent Badges. Why until now i did not yet receive the said badge? Is there any suggestions on what can i do? Thanks.

Hi Nikkilyn,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically added to your profile once you meet the criteria listed here. You will be notified once you qualify. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I already completed my profile at 100%. Why I'm not still getting the rising talent badge? I also passed the readiness exam. 

Hi Angela,

Check out: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

You don't have any job completed, so no Rising Talent badge for you yet!

Hi I just completed my profile 100%
##- Please type your reply above this line -

What about me Smiley Happy

Hi Angela and David,

Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities available in the market.

I would also like to clarify that even new freelancers who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi there!

Can you please tell me why I didn't a rising talent yet? I have completed 17 Total Jobs, $1k+ Total Earnings, and passed the readiness Test with a 5.0 score. What else should I do?!

Would you please help me to understand how can I get the rising talent badge?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, 

M. Darwish 

Hi Mohamed,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Mohamed D wrote:

Can you please tell me why I didn't a rising talent yet?

You can't get a Rising Talent badge because you already have a (very good) Job Success Score. The Rising Talent badge is only for freelancers who don't have a JSS yet.

You now want to aim for the top rated badge instead.

Thank you for your answer it was so helpful, I think I met all the requirements of a top-rated badge. would you please tell me what else I should do or done to have it?
Thank you again for helping me and for your time.

Mohamed D wrote:

I think I met all the requirements of a top-rated badge.

There must be at least one you haven't met. Go to your My Stats page

• Are your 12 months earnings in excess of $1000?
  • Do you have 13 or more leigible weeks out of 16?
  • Is your profile 100% complete?
  • Do you have 0 recent account holds?

I think I matched all these criteria but didn't get the Rising Talent Badge.  What could be the reason?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths