🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540
petra_r
Community Member

Manoj K wrote:

My "Rising Talent" badge disappear Within a week. my 3 active job - I need help with how to back badge

You can't get it back, you have a Job Success Score now and the two are mutually exclusive.

If you manage to keep your JSS above 90% and fulfill all the other criteria, you may eventually become eligible for top rated status.

f1ce3686
Community Member

Thank you Petra R

b4965d7e
Community Member

I am not sure if that happened to me, too. But I realized I should have a badge by now. Currently, I have 2 active jobs, 3 finished jobs, and 4 candidacies. What could be wrong because I am not seeing my badge until now. Would appreciate the response. Thank you.

Hi Jocelyn,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. You will be notified once you qualify and the badge will be added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have passed the readiness test and fortunately, I was able to land a small job at Upwork as well for which I have been paid. But still, I am not getting invited to the rising talent program as most of the projects that I need to bid on need it and I am missing many opportunities. My profile is 100% completed as well.

Is it random to get invited or am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Imran,

While anyone without a Job Success score is eligible to participate in the Rising Talent program, there is no application process. New freelancers and agencies are added to the program when they qualify. Please visit this post for more information about the requirements.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hello Hieu,

How many projects are needed to complete to make a Rising Talent Badge? I'm done with one project, my client gives me 5 stars and positive feedback. My profile has 100% profile completeness. 

Regards,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,

I lost my rising talent badge recently. I have completed two jobs and got 5 stars on both of them. 

Can someone please look at my profile and help?

Thank you,

Regards

Aamir

Hi Aamir,

Please know that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. I checked and it loos like you received Job Succes Score. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, Community.

Hope you are all good.

I am new to Upwork, and how can I get Rising Talent.

My profile is 100% and I have had Readiness Test(Score is 5).

But still I don't have Rising Talent.

Hello Jorge,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Thanks for your reply.

I have read your details and I have completed my profile as 100% and passed Readiness test(5marks).

But still I don't have Rising Talent Badge.

Hi Jorge Alejandro, 

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when you meet the criteria listed here. Please know that the Readiness test is one of the requirements, but doesn't automatically earn you the badge once you pass. 

I can see that you already have an open ticket with our team also. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello there,

How many projects are needed to complete to make a Rising Talent Badge? I'm done with one project, my client gives me 5 stars and positive feedback. My profile has 100% profile completeness. I have passed the readiness test. And yet, haven't received an email invite for the Rising Talent Badge.

Any help is appreciated.

Jennifer

Hello Jennifer,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi Everyone,

I just have a question. I have completed 3 succesful projects recently and I believe that i have been qualified to have a rising talent badge,  How do I get an Invitation?

Regards,

John F.

Hi John,

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luigi,

Thank you for your reply, I already look at the criteria, the only thing I see that didnt fit in the criteria is my account was created 11 years ago , when it was still oDesk and i just recently logged back in this June 2021. Could this be the reason why I don't qualify?

John 

Hello John,

Thank you for your message. 

Please note that not all freelancers will have the Rising Talent badge. Some will skip it and go straight to having a Job Success Score. Once you have a job success score, you can work towards earning a Top Rated Badge on your profile. The Rising Talent program aims to help top new freelancers or agencies increase their success in the marketplace by helping them stand out to prospective clients. New freelancers and agencies are defined as those without a long history on Upwork (i.e. without a Job Success Score). The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi UpWork Community,
Can anyone please have a look at my profile and suggest when I'm likely to have my Job Success Score displayed on my profile? Secondly, when can I expect the Rising Talent Test email? And lastly, are there any suggestions for me to upgrade my profile in order to win more jobs? I had followed the previous suggestions and the overall results were pretty satisfying.
I appreciate your help and look forward to your suggestions.
Thanks in advance :cherry_blossom:

Hello Suhail,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile. If you get a job success score on your profile, you will no longer be eligible for the Rising Talent badge instead. You can work towards earning a Top Rated Badge on your profile. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi Everyone,

Please can I get some help on how to get my rising talent badge?? I know all about the below requirements. 

PLEASE HELP - as some positions I want to apply for requires a rising talent badge. 

Thanks everyone!

xx

Hi Vanessa,

As you have already earned your Job Success Score, you are no longer eligible for the Rising Talent badge. You can now start working towards Top Rated status!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey, I hope you are doing well!

The reason why I am writing this is Rising Talent. I created my Upwork profile in May. It has been two months, I have been quite active on Upwork and submitted 72 proposals - interviewed twice, completed one job with five stars, and two Jobs are in progress. I know the fact that Rising talent takes 90 days. It's almost about to be 90 days, and I can't see any rising talent badge. A lot of jobs require Rising Talent. Please assist with this.

Umer have you taken "Upwork Rediness Test"?

If not then do it now.

Here is the criteria for Rising Talent Badge:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent

I took the test as soon as I created the account. Scored 5 out of 5 in 4 minutes. Then, I took another and scored the same in 2 minutes. Also, I bid almost everyday on the jobs I have required skills for. 

Hi,

I received the Rising talent badge last month. After a few days, it has been removed from my profile, without any prior intimation. Why it happened like that? I need to get back my badge. Please help.

petra_r
Community Member

Saranya G wrote:

I received the Rising talent badge last month. After a few days, it has been removed from my profile, without any prior intimation. Why it happened like that? I need to get back my badge. 

You can't get it back, because you now have a Job Success Score.

The next badge you can aim for is the Top Rated Badge.

9e1adc4f
Community Member

Thank you very much. I got it now.

Hello Upwork community!

i passed Upwork readiness test 3 times in different times but still not get rising talent badge. 

note: i have completed my profile, and fulfil all other requirements for the badge.

Hi Abdus Samad,

Here is the Criteria that you need to meet as per Upwork:

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities available in the market. Even new freelancers who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent.

Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to see the Rising Talent badge on your profile after meeting the qualifications.

Hi

I want to know, where I stand to get the rising star badge. 

Hi Muhammad,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. While we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge, we suggest you have your profile up to date. Here is a great article that can help you create a profile that stands out. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi. I was just wondering how often does this badge update? I’m new on Upwork and it’s saying last updated on July 11.

Does it update every month?
I have completed 5 jobs and 100$ in revenue in the last 15-20 days. I recently started seeing the Clients who would recommend you percentage to 100%

Was just wondering what is the July 11 date or if I have to wait for each month to get a badge (in case if I’m eligible)

Divyansh S wrote:

Was just wondering what is the July 11 date or if I have to wait for each month to get a badge (in case if I’m eligible)

The JSS is updated ever 2nd Sunday afternoon/evening UTC. The 11th of July is the date the JSS (Job Success Score) calculation was last updated but you don't have a JSS yet. 

You don't qualify for a badge, but you might get a JSS (Job Success Score) tomorrow if all 5 contracts you have done have been closed and were with at least 2 different clients.

Afterwards you can work towards your top rated badge, the requirements are explained on this page. You have to fulfill all of them

• A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  • A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

(Source) 

Thank you for responding. Which badge I don’t qualify for? I’m sure It’s Top Rated or above. But am I eligible for Rising Talent?

Divyansh S wrote:
Thank you for responding. Which badge I don’t qualify for? I’m sure It’s Top Rated or above. But am I eligible for Rising Talent?

You certainly don't qualify for Top Rated.

Rising Talent is automatically awarded if you are eligible. If you were eligible, you would have it. The fact that you don't have it means that you aren't eligible.

Thank you! Yes I’m working on getting the top rated. Last question: Does Rising Tag badge comes only in 2 weeks update period (the next update is tomorrow) or it can be updated anytime of the week.

Divyansh S wrote:
Does Rising Tag badge comes only in 2 weeks update period (the next update is tomorrow) or it can be updated anytime of the week.

It can be updated at any time

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths