🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge ...
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

Thank you so much Andrea! Have an awesome day ahead 🙂

If its not too much to ask, would you like to have a glimpse of my profile and let me know that what I might be missing. Just a casual glance. Thank you 🙂

Hello,

I have all the qualifications to be awarded the rising taleent badge.

I got an invitation via email to take an Upwork readiness test.

Which I did, and passed 10 days ago.

But, have not been awarded the badge yet, what could be the issue?

Hi Memolyne,

Thanks for reaching out to us. As you already earned your Job Success Score, you are no longer eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. However, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi i am toufik Hossain. i am on upwork from 3 or 4 years but i get my first job 3 month back. now my earning is 1k plus and i have total of 8 job. 4 are in progress and 3 are completed with great 5 star review. i also pass the upwork rediness test. now my question is why i didn't get the rising talent. what else need for my profile to get the rising talent. Upwork team please help me for this questio.

Hi Toufik,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify, you will be notified and the badge will be added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

How can I get that rising talent badge, I want that desperately, can I get that?

Hi Waqar,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify, you will be notified and the badge will be added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Upwork Team,

My profile is completed with 100% but here I feel that "Rising Star" badge missing. If any issue with my profile? Kindly let me know. 

Thanks,

Saiful Azom. 

Hi Saiful,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello everyone,

I have fulfilled all the conditions for obtaining the Top Rising Talent badge (Complete projects on time and as promised to clients, Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work, Keep your availability status up-to-date, Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set, Have been active in the past 90 days).

What is left is to get an invitation to take the test? When will that call from Upwork arrive? Is there any other criterion I need to meet?

Thank you for your answers!

Aleksandra M wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have fulfilled all the conditions for obtaining the Top Rising Talent badge (Complete projects on time and as promised to clients, Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work, Keep your availability status up-to-date, Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set, Have been active in the past 90 days).

What is left is to get an invitation to take the test? When will that call from Upwork arrive? Is there any other criterion I need to meet?

Thank you for your answers!

Hmmmm there's rising talent and there's top rated, but there's no top rising talent. You mean rising talent? I don't remember if you get an invitation to take the test, but isn't there a link to the test in your find work tab at the bottom?

Thank you for your answer.  I meant Rising talent. I read somewhere that Upwork estimates that I can solve the test, which they automatically send by e-mail. I don't know at all if this is accurate information?

Aleksandra M wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have fulfilled all the conditions for obtaining the Top Rising Talent badge (Complete projects on time and as promised to clients,

You don't qualify for either top rated or rising talent. You'll likely get a Job Success Score tomorrow. If that Job Success Score is 90% or better, you may qualify for top rated status if you keep the Job Success Score abover 90% for 13 out of the previous 16 weeks.

Thanks for your reply. I still don't understand why I'm not qualified for rising talent. I have read the conditions carefully and I am fulfilling them all.  I know I still can't qualify for the Top rated.

Aleksandra M wrote:

I still don't understand why I'm not qualified for rising talent. I have read the conditions carefully and I am fulfilling them all. 

You had (at least) two of your contracts end where the clients were not 100% happy with all aspects of  how the contracts went. As you'll likely have a JSS by the end of tomorrow, you couldn't have a Rising Talent badge along with that anyway.

Petra, you might wana take a look at my profile and see what I might be missing?
Thanks for the help in advance 🙂

Hello Upwork community,

Is there anything I might have violated or not achieved in the past 24hrs that I can't seem to see my Rising Talent badge after 24hrs.

Of course I have 3 open jobs which I ahve all won past 2/3 days and all about to cloe them. IIf tehre anything I need to know? If Upwork team you can check my account and advise will appreciate.

Kind regard,

Dennis.

Dennis H wrote:

Is there anything I might have violated or not achieved in the past 24hrs that I can't seem to see my Rising Talent badge after 24hrs.

You have a Job Success Score now, so the Rising Talent badge is gone. You can't have both

Your next step will be to move towards Top Rated.

Hello Petra,

Thanks for the quick reply and lnow I know.

Well, Ijust hope I am not too far from the To Rated. That was too soon to lose the Rising Star Badge. I hope Upwork works on this, that you can have the Rising Talent Badge long as you keep rising till you get the Top Rated and lose it unless you have started performing badly.

Dennis H wrote:

Well, Ijust hope I am not too far from the To Rated.

Go to your "My Stats" page. What does it say for "Top rated eligible weeks?" You need 13.

Dennis H wrote:

That was too soon to lose the Rising Star Badge. I hope Upwork works on this, that you can have the Rising Talent Badge long as you keep rising till you get the Top Rated and lose it unless you have started performing badly.

Not really, the RT badge is only for people who don't have a JSS yet.

Hi Dennis,

The Rising Talent badge exists to show the potential of a new Freelancer until they have completed enough projects to earn a Job Success Score. Your 100% JSS is a better indicator than a Rising Talent badge. Congratulations!

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Israr,

The Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

In order to get my Rising Talent badge, do I need to pass the Readiness test with 5/5 score? Or just pass? I've already been offered the badge by Upwork.

Hi Amin,

Yes, you need to pass the Upwork Readiness Test as this one of the requirements to earn a Rising Talent badge. Please read this help article for more information. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Judging by the Upwork's stated criteria, I believe that I 100% qualify for a Rising Talent badge, if not the Top Rated badge. Is there a reason I still haven't received an invitation email to become Rising Talent?

Hi Gorcin,

There are many factors that contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities available in the market. Once qualified you will receive an email notification.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
efc5e71c
Community Member

How can it include client feedback if you have never had a client?

I understand the requirements, I just wonder what value simply setting up a proper profile and receiving a badge adds to the client's experience, or to the freelancer's if the award is given without them actually having done any rising.  

Its all in the title, what is the point of Rising Talent.

I set up my profile, I started applying for and winning contracts and getting 5 star reviews by my second week of effort. I received my Rising Talent badge.

Now, checking through the profiles of other users here in the community, I start coming across other "Rising Talents" who have achieved absolutely nothing.

Is Rising Talent simply a participation badge? Or is it a marketing ploy to encourage people to keep up their memberships despite the fact they are acheiving nothing?

I suspect free members don't win their badges so easily.

It would seem to me someone recognized as a Rising Talent would be someone who can write a winning profile or proposal, receive offers, and consistently deliver high-quality work on time and on budget.

I can only hope the clients who see my "badge of honour" are equally deluded, until they click on a profile with no history and realize the truth.

Hi Thomas,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned to a freelancer profile once they meet all the requirements listed hereRising Talent freelancers are highlighted for having great potential. They usually have strong backgrounds in their fields and early success with Upwork clients. The benefits of being a Rising Talent freelancer are the following:

• Reduced fees (starting at 10%) on Featured Jobs
  • A one-time bonus of 30 free Connects for you to submit more proposals to clients
  • Access to chat and ticket support from a specialized customer support team

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi !

I passed the upwork readiness test two days ago and i didn't get my badge yet neither the 30 connects .

Can you solve this problem for me please

Hi Insaf,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned to a freelancer profile once they meet all the requirements listed here. Once you qualify, you will be notified and the badge will be added to your profile.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4b534caf
Community Member

Hi !

I'm wandering why they didn't send me the link to pass the readiness test via mail , and when i passed it I didn't get my badge yet ??

PLease help me beacause i didnt reach anyone from the upwork help staff to talk to.

Hi Insaf,

It looks like you posted about this question previously, and we have shared the information about this here. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi!

A couple of days ago, I was rewarded with a rising talent badge and it had also appeared on my profile. However, it is not showing anymore since the past couple of days- I was guessing this was because of the server update but seems its a different issue.

Is it possible to loose the badge? If so what could be the reason. 

Thank you for your help!

Is there I am missing something?

My profile is 90%,, fully activated, submitting proposals, passed readiness test too  have all the criteria necessary to get RT Badge..But still didnt get the badge. 

Can anyone help me to get some more info about how can i get that badge? I will really appreciate...

Hi Sukhjinder,

There are many factors that contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities available in the market. Once qualified you will receive an email notification.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mana_07
Community Member

So is there any way by which i could know in which area i am lacking

Hi Sukhjinder,

You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Upwork Community,

I've passed the Upwork readiness test and my profile is 100% complete but it's almost a week now and I've not received a Rising Talent badge.

I once had a job that ended in dispute because the client wasn't clear enough and was including tasks beyond our agreement and I currently have an active (or idle)  contract, the job so far has been fine and I have no issue with my client. But for about a month now, my client has been silent, he said he's busy but will be back soon to continue the project and add more milestone(s). I wanted him to end the contract and start a new one when he's ready but he has not replied since then.

So in summary, I've had a dispute and currently have an idle contract. Could these be responsible for me not receiving the Rising Talent badge?

Jude K wrote:

I once had a job that ended in dispute because the client wasn't clear enough and was including tasks beyond our agreement

The disputed contract will have come with poor private feedback. That will generally make you ineligible for a Rising Talent status. You also had not so great feedback on the most recently closed contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths