🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge ...
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

Hello Upwork Values Community,

I received an email for an opportunity to change membership status from General to Rising Talent by qualifying Upwork Readiness Test. After, it showed a badge on the profile of Rising Talent. However, when I today logged in, my Rising Talent status is missing?

Please further advise, how can I retrieve my status?

Kind regards,

Irfan Soomro

Hello Irfan,

I saw you are having trouble retrieving your status. Just to let you know, now Upwork charges 2 dollars/month for showing this status. You have to spend your connections if you want to show it. Thank you!

Regards,

Mrinmoy S. 

Hi Irfan,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, I have completed 8 projects with an average rating. My jss is 75% now. I think I have met the requirements to get Rising Talent status. So please let me know, I have any chance to get a rising talent batch?
Best regards

Hi Khairuzzaman,

Since you have already received your JSS you will not be able to receive the Rising Talent badge as well. Freelancers can't have both on their profiles at the same time. 
Now you can start working to become a Top Rated freelancer, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the information. But I can't apply a few of the projects because of the rising talent requirement.

Thank you.

Khairuzzaman K wrote:

But I can't apply a few of the projects because of the rising talent requirement.

You can still apply anyway. 

Hi Petra, hope you are doing well.

I have created my new profile and done with the verification as well. I have also completed the readiness test and 1 project is in progress. Can you please tell me when will I get the Rising Talent badge?

Hi,

read the rising talent requirement, then you will know all details. 

Thank you

Hi Arham,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Goran

Thanks for your support, Here I have a question, I have fulfill all the requirements which are necessary for "Rising Talent Badge", but still I have not received any email regarding this. What is the reason please. Because when I apply any job, almost on every 2nd job client give the requirements of "Rising Talent", Such kind of situation really become a source of disheartens for me. Please would you kindly like to review my profile and can inform me, what is the reason, why I am not getting "Rising Talent Badge" Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goarn

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have fulfill all the requirments, I am sending you scrren shots, but still its like a mystry for me to understand the "Rising Talent" Carateria.Screenshot_1.png

Muhammad M wrote:

I have fulfill all the requirments, I am sending you scrren shots, but still its like a mystry for me to understand the "Rising Talent" Carateria.

You can't have a Rising Talent Status because you have a (very good) Job Success Score. The two are mutually exclusive.

The next badge you can work towards is the Top Rated Badge.

Khairuzzaman K wrote:

So please let me know, I have any chance to get a rising talent batch?

None at all, because you already have a Job Success Score. The Rising Talent Status is only for people who don't have a Job Success Score yet.

If you manage to get your Job Success Score above 90% and keep it there for 1  out of the last 16 weeks you ,ight be able to become eligible for Top Rated at some point in the future.

Hello, @Petra R,

Now I understand JSS is better than the rising talent. But one thing, can I apply for this type of job ( rising talent:Yes). Please see the attached image.
Thank you

**Edited for community guidelines**

Khairuzzaman K wrote:

Now I understand JSS is better than the rising talent. B

Not quite. A good JSS (of 90% or higher) may be better than a Rising Talent status. A poor JSS... not so much.

Khairuzzaman K wrote:

But one thing, can I apply for this type of job ( rising talent:Yes). 

Yes, you can if you believe that it is a perfect fit for you and you can do a great job. Those are preferences, not requirements.

You do, however, want to choose your clients and projects carefully, because you would likely struggle if your JSS went down any further,

Hello, Petra R,

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Have a good day.

Hello, I have a question. I meet all the criteria to be a member of this program but they still do not send me any mail. Does the same thing happen to anyone?

Hi Jose,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed in this help article. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello

I signed up for Upwork a few days ago and met all the requirements for the Rising talent. I've waited a couple of days, but haven't received it yet.
May you help me with this issue? Rising talent is an important thing, so I would be glad to get it as soon as possible.

Regards,
Tatyana

Hi Tatyana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I have been working on upwork for six months with 100% complete profile and have 100% long term clients, and 5/5 star rating from each but still have neither a rising star badge nor do I have my JSS. So is it possible that you let me know if a client has left a lower private rating that is causing this? Thanks.

Hi Afeefa,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. As for earning a JSS, once you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status will automatically be replaced by a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I know all of this, what I’m asking is that the last time someone from the upwork community team told me that I’ll get a jss after this job and I already have a feedback for this job. So my question was not answered here that whether or not you can tell me if there was a bad private rating on my profile that might be delaying it. Thanks

Hi Afeefa,

Please keep in mind that I can't share any details about the private feedback you have received. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Alright. Thanks

Hello Goran,

I am having the same issue. I passed the test but the badge isn't showing up. Please help. Thank you

Regards

Hi Umoette,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello

A few days ago I asked why I don't have a Rising Talent badge and the support team said that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements. I have read this and claim that I qualify. So I hope you will give a non-automatic answer (it is given within 48 hours when a freelancer meets the requirements) The Rising Talent badge is very useful, it gives you a better chance of getting your first contract, so I don't want to lose this chance to get it.

Regards,
Tatyana

Hi Tatyana,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that neither our team here nor our Customer Support team will be able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Rising Talent qualification specifics.

Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have been on upwork since March, 2020 . I have been active and even been awarded contracts . I have a Job Success Score but I dont have a Rising Talent Badge. Even after completing my Upwork Readiness Test and passing.

Once you have JSS , rising talent badge will not be available.

Hi Upwork
I have completed 100% my profile and have passed Upwork Readiness Test as well but unfortunately did not get my Rising Talent Badge.
Kindly rsolve this issue on priority basis.

Thanks
Nauman

Hi Nauman - You need to complete some projects successfully as well to obtain the badge.

Hi Nauman,

You receive a Rising Talent badge when you meet the criteria listed here. Please know that passing the Readiness Test is one of the requirements that you need to comply with, but doesn't automatically earn you the badge when you complete it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks a lot

Hi Upwork,

Can you put rising talent on my profile, this is a new profile and it has been a long time, and I am also having a job, you can check. I have also cleared upwork readline test. please

Thanks & Regards
Karan  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Karan,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, I have completed couple of jobs and the client was very satisfied with my work. I had some research that as long as I don't have a Job success score, I could earn a rising talent badge. How would I be able to participate to acquire the rising talent badge? Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths