🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is 4.8 a bad review or will it have a bad eff...
Page options
sumanthjois
Community Member

Is 4.8 a bad review or will it have a bad effect on getting into rising talent as a new freelancer?

I completed my second job on Upwork successfully an hour ago and my client loved my work.

He gave me a 4.7/4.8 rating with the below feedback:

"Sumanth was quite good with translating requirements into tangible outputs. He communication was clear and work met our expectations. Would hire him again."

As a new freelancer, I really want to be a Rising Talent and then a Top Rated freelancer. I have gone through the docs regarding the above programs but still, I just wanted to If "4.7" rating will have a negative effect on me trying to get further jobs or when trying to get into Rising Talent?

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sumanth, 

While this is a great feedback, keep in mind that other factors are included as well like the private feedback.  To learn more about this check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey,

So the above feedback will actually play well when applying for jobs right?  Also can please explain about private feedback didn't find anything related to in the link

In my experience, when someone says "quite good" it generally means "it wasn't a complete disaster but didn't exactly blow me away either..."

barada00
Community Member

Sumanth, clients are asked if they would recommend you with a scale of 1 to 10 privately. If the client marked 10 for that private recommendation you have nothing to worry about. The worst thing you can do in a situation like this is to ask the client to change their feedback.  Don't do that! What happened has happened  and past is past. Look to the future.

versailles
Community Member

@Sumanth J wrote:

"Sumanth was quite good with (...)"

As a new freelancer, I really want to be a Rising Talent and then a Top Rated freelancer. I have gone through the docs regarding the above programs but still, I just wanted to If "4.7" rating will have a negative effect on me trying to get further jobs or when trying to get into Rising Talent?

Probably the client was not 100% happy with the result for some reason, but happy enough to be willing to give you another chance in the future. I bet he rated you less than 10/10 on the overall scale. It may play against you in your JSS because you have few jobs, but the good news is that if you manage to get few very happy customers, this will strongly play in your favor. For the exact same reason: you have few jobs.

When someone is not 100% happy with your work, the best thing is to sit down and try to pinpoint what it may be, and then learn from this experience to get even better.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths