🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is Payoneer Safe?
Page options
256459ba
Community Member

Is Payoneer Safe?

I plan to sell here but My friend said payoneer not safe becouse they removed his 2500 Usd without any reason ,even money was transferred from google pay account,they didnt send to him message about that Process,do you suggest use payoneer here for withdraw?

14 REPLIES 14
prestonhunter
Community Member

Is Payoneer safe?

Generally, yes.

For your friend, apparently not.

This is the Upwork Community Forum, not the Payoneer Forum, so this might not be the only or best place to discuss Payoneer. But many Upwork freelancers withdraw earnings to Payoneer, so you might garner some other feedback.

No third-party payment processor such as Payoneer or Paypal is going to be as safe as withdrawing to a bank account.

2c806431
Community Member

Yes there are guys who are spreading Rumours that Payoneer is a SCAM they will eat your money and won't let you withdraw it if you fund your account.

Being a one of the Payoneer's account holders, I have been using Payoneer for the last 3 years, receiving payments from companies & marketplaces but I did not face any issue with them. However, their support system is not good. You can also refer to this indepth Payoneer Scam Review here https://www.payoneerhow.com/is-payoneer-scam-review/ to decide whether you should opt for Payoneer OR not.

So further it's up to you!

Good Luck!

Well Stephen, if we want to talk about some "rumors"... i'll probably be putting all documents and communication with their shady bank in Belize, their sister company called First Choice Pay, and Payoneer itself, on a website when the issue is over. It's already taking me 2 years to get my money back. All i got is 3 different teams of different people "accepting" my (sometimes notary signed) documents. Probably you had no problems because the bank which was assigned by them as an issuer of your card was in US or Ireland.

The problems were faced mostly by webcam models from poor, sometimes third-world countries. Who lack resources, knowledge and legal representation. This is how this "business" operates. They bound the costumers which were the least capable of pursuing their interests with the worst of their banks, then the bank just went bust and they left their paying customers with NOTHING.

So now i'm calling Belize, sending papers and have to deal with some other company's bank which i didn't even have any arrangement with. Glad you didn't have issues, yourself, tho.

petra_r
Community Member

This is not an Upwork matter.

Take it to Payoneer, it has nothing to do with Upwork.

spryczek
Community Member

Petra, im not saying it's upwork responsibility. Just while looking for some information about the matter i found this forum topic. Moreover this payment channel is still available here and as a frequent user of this website and payoneer, in the past - i just want to warn other users not to use this shady payment channel.

Took this to payoneer several times with couple of my colleagues. At first i was told that they have "temporary issues". Then that we're getting reimbursement to our payoneer accounts or by wire, all is fine and we only need to wait. Then we needed to wait some more. And then 3 months later they claimed they don't have anything to do with us and we need to resolve the matter... means reclaim our money from their remote, already bankrupt bank in Belize.

So now im not trying to resolve the matter because i have no doubt that the money is gone and the amount too low for any legal action. I don't need to call or message payoneer again because i was told around 5 times already they will do nothing and i need to call Belize. And i was hearing during the last 2 years that Belize needs more time, so no need for me to hear that same boring story again this week 🙂

What i'm trying to do here is to tell others that these "rumors" are not rumors, and while they try to create very frieldly and kind of open & community-concerned corporate image - they don't care about any of their users at all.

petra_r
Community Member

Slawomir P wrote:

Petra, im not saying it's upwork responsibility. Just while looking for some information about the matter i found this forum topic.

Edited, I just spotted that this was an old thread. Which just "happened" to have been created just before you "noticed" it...

Slawomir P wrote:

as a frequent user of this website

You last used this website in 2011

Look, I really am sorry you had issues, but this still doesn't have anything to do with Upwork

Actually, I find it very useful. Thanks for allowing the discussion and adding value to the Upwork community

spryczek
Community Member

Well Ahmet, they simply scammed me for over $10k USD because of some issues with their bank my money are now somewhere in Belize and they're requesting documents of mine to be send over and over since then, because the government agencies designated to clean the mess payoneer made - are so understaffed and incompetent.

Probably people i know lost hundreds of thousands in total due to how this "business" is maintained.

Just use wire transfer. Payoneer is convininent but you don't know the day when some other bank they're using will go bust and you will be left with nothing.

colettelewis
Community Member

Ahmet K wrote:

I plan to sell here but My friend said payoneer not safe becouse they removed his 2500 Usd without any reason ,even money was transferred from google pay account,they didnt send to him message about that Process,do you suggest use payoneer here for withdraw?

But you don't have to use Payoneer on Upwork, there are other choices such as PayPal. 

Exactly what the above user said, they seem ok until you experience an issue and you have to contact their miserable support. The issue is now more than 6 months old and there is no sign of resolution on the horizon.

Paypal is not available in some countries like I am from Pakistan . and in Pakistan PayPal is n't available

silver_ring
Community Member

I was passing online and i found this post and i decided to reply maybe this post will help someone else
I had several issues with payoneer over the last 2 and half years i have been using it, but i created two YouTube vedios to show real cases of how bad is there service

You can take a look over thouse two vedios and give me a comment, and i advice anyone to think twise before using payoneer for payment out

**Edited for community guidelines**

Unfortunately... PayPal users have faced the same problems that Payoneer users have faced. There are similar "horror" stories.

I use PayPal for various non-Upwork transactions, and I even help clients integrate PayPal with their websites. I like PayPal.

But it is NOT a bank, just as Payoneer is not a bank. I don't leave my funds in PayPal. Too much can go wrong.

sm_77
Community Member

In November my Payoneer account was hacked and 20k were taken from my account, from wich 17K were on my bank account, while around 3K were on the Payoneer card. All this was made in one day, while Payoneer rule that you can't "top up" your card more then 10 K in one day was violated. Since then I called and emailed Payoneer. As final result and last update mail i recived, according to them they are not taking any responsability about that and will not return anything.
I don't recommend Payoneer.......

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths