🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is Upwork the right place for a beginner hobb...
Page options
a8018344
Community Member

Is Upwork the right place for a beginner hobbyist to find help with code?

This is what I think would be a good heading for finding a freelancer for my needs: **edited for Community Guidelines** What Category and Speciality should I indicate? I would like to find a freelancer who can look at a half-dozen to a dozen lines of code, find my mistake, correct my mistake, and explain to me in a couple of paragraphs why my code was wrong and why their code is correct. I might have anywhere from one question in a month to several questions in a week. Is Upwork an appropriate place for me to find such a freelancer? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve, 

It looks like you need someone to consult for you with your project. You can specify in the job post title, and the job description that you are looking for a consultant who is experienced in this field. As for the job category, you can choose the Web, Mobile, and Software Development category. 

You may browse the categories in Upwork through this link in case you need further help with classifying your job post, and this help article for more information about Upwork's job categories. 

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Steve:

Yes.

This would be an hourly contract.

Hire three different people and continue working with the one or ones that you like the most.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths