🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is a Business Email Necessary for my Account?...
Page options
jolieadele
Community Member

Is a Business Email Necessary for my Account? / Website Links?

Hi There Upwork Crew,

I've just signed up and submitted my profile for review. However I noticed during the process that if I had added in a "business email" address I would have an option for a more premium account...is this correct? I could enter my professional email from my GSuite account however I'm currently in the process of switching up the address. Just want to verify this and see what my options are. Also, I would like to link to my website to my profile as it is my portfolio.. is that a possibility?

Thanks Upwork Community. 

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is a business email necessary for my account?"

No.

As far as how Upwork actually works... There is no such thing as "business email".

Upwork does not make a distinction bettween your GSuite email address, or the email address at JoliesShoeSales.com, or your email address at MyLittlePonySuperfans.org

re: "Website links?"

No.

re: "I would like to link to my website to my profile as it is my portfolio.. is that a possibility?"

Hmmm... That's typically going to be a violation of Upwork ToS.

You are not supposed to link your Upwork profile to a website which has your contact information on it, or a contact form.

ca9c7c0b
Community Member

I need an Upwork business email Because I want to verify my LinkedIn account with an Upwork business email.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths