🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is a client's "preferred criteria" merely a p...
Page options
alex_pronove
Community Member

Is a client's "preferred criteria" merely a preference or a requirement?

Greetings.

I'm a newbie.

I just tried submitting my first ever proposal and the system wouldn't save it. I tried submitting it twice.

I'm assuming that I was unable to submit it because I didn't meet the client's preferred criteria.

My question is this: is a client's "preferred criteria" merely a preference (nice to have) or a requirement (must have).

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Alex P wrote:

Greetings.

I'm a newbie.

I just tried submitting my first ever proposal and the system wouldn't save it. I tried submitting it twice.

I'm assuming that I was unable to submit it because I didn't meet the client's preferred criteria.

My question is this: is a client's "preferred criteria" merely a preference (nice to have) or a requirement (must have).

Thank you.

It depends on the client. It might be a hard prerequisite, or it may not be. You still are able to submit proposals though, so your inability to do so must be something else. Is your profile approved and have you selected a plan yet?

Well, well...

I think my profile has already been approved.

But I haven't signed up for a plan.

- - -

I'm sure these are paid plans and while I don't mind signing up for a plan, I'd like to test the waters first. Is that possible?

Thank you.

Hi Alex,

You`ve already selected our Basic membership plan that gives you 60 connects per month, and it's free. Feel free to start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

So it turns out that:

(1) my profile has been approved

(2) I've already selected a plan.

Why then was my proposal not saved?

Thank you.

Alex P wrote:

So it turns out that:

(1) my profile has been approved

(2) I've already selected a plan.

Why then was my proposal not saved?

Thank you.

We don't know. Try again and see if the problem persists. 

xyzasad
Community Member

Is your profile approved?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths