Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is everything alright here?

Highlighted
Marko A Member Since: Oct 5, 2016
1 of 3

Hello,

I need help, I agree with one client for one job, I charge that 250$

Please look SS and tell me if is alright here?

Confuses me milestone 125$ first half, what this mean?

thanks

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Marko, 

Thanks for reaching out for advice in the Community. Your client has send you an offer for the contract you discussed, but only created and funded one Milestone for a partial amount of the agreed amount. Note that only funds deposited in Escrow are covered by Upwork Payment Protection, so communicate with your client, check the reason why only a partial payment is funded, and ask them to either fully fund the first Milestone or create and funds the second one for the remaining amount. Make sure only to accept their offer once you are on the same terms and the offer reflects your agreement.

In case of multiple Milestones, make sure to start working on a subsequent Milestone only once the funds for the previous one have been released.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

I am pretty strict with clients about this.

If I discuss a project with them and they send me a contract offer which isn't funded properly, I don't accept the offer and I politely explain why.

An offer must include the agreed-upon description and be fully funded. Or else I don't accept it.

If I accepted an offer for half payment, if is purely at the client's discretion to pay me the other half. Upwork will absolutely not help with that.