🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is freelancing on Upwork worth my time?
Page options
1f682361
Community Member

Is freelancing on Upwork worth my time?

Hey Guys

I am a freelancer by profession. I have worked for a long time in the field. Recently I have shifted to Upwork. As the platform is very good for freelancers, more and more people are joining here. I also want to be a part of this platform. But while creating my profile, I am stuck in some sections. Also, I want to clear my mind about a few things. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance.

Is freelancing on Upwork worth my time?

How do I write a killer proposal on Upwork as a newbie?

What should be done to get a project as a freelancer on Upwork?

Which is the best online earning website, **Edited for Community Guidelines**, or Upwork?

How do freelancers get paid on Upwork?

What is your best experience with freelancers on Upwork?

Where can I find coupons for Upwork? I have found some coupon sites on Google. I have mentioned them below. Share your thoughts about them?

5 REPLIES 5
luqman_mak
Community Member

- It can be worth your time, its not a one size fits all kind of thing. 
- There are threads on how to write winning proposals in the community, you can searchusing the search box on the top right.
- Everyone has their own luck on any platform.
- There are two types of contracts, Hourly and Fixed price contracts. The first requires you to use an app to track the time you spend working on a contract and you get paid as per your hourly rate and the second one is a straigh forward one.

Best wishes 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Syma K wrote:

Hey Guys

I am a freelancer by profession. I have worked for a long time in the field.

The field of what, exactly? There's no such thing as a freelancing profession. You have a completely empty profile, so it's not possible to give you any advice.

1f682361
Community Member

Hey Guys

Your feedback is shared and appreciated. I recently found these suggestions and wanted to pass them along to you in case they may be helpful.

1) It depends on what your goals are. Upwork can be a great platform to find work, build experience, and get paid quickly. However, many freelancers struggle to make a living solely from Upwork due to the high competition and low pay rates. If you’re looking for more consistent income or higher pay rates, then you may want to consider other freelancing platforms.

2) Writing a great proposal is essential for success on Upwork. Here are some tips to get you started:

• Research the job requirements carefully. Take time to understand what the client wants, and make sure your proposal reflects this knowledge.

• Write an engaging introduction that captures the attention of potential clients. Show enthusiasm for the project and offer your unique skillset.

• Use key phrases from the job description in your proposal to show that you’ve read and understood it.

• Keep it concise and to the point, and avoid unnecessary details.

• Ask questions about the project - this shows that you are interested in learning more and taking an active role in the project.

• Present your ideas and strategies for how you plan to complete the project in a clear way with supporting evidence.

• Provide examples of similar work that you’ve done in the past that demonstrates your qualifications for the job.

• Offer an estimated timeline for completion and any applicable guarantees or warranties.

3) Before you can start looking for a job, create your profile on Upwork. Include information about your skills and qualifications, along with samples of your previous work if possible.

• Search for jobs that fit your particular skill set and experience level.

• Connect with potential employers by emailing or connecting through their profile page.

• Submit customized proposals to prospective employers that explain why you're the right person for the job. Include details about your relevant experience and examples of similar work

• Negotiate a rate and timeline with the employer, emphasizing any additional value you can bring to the project.

4) That depends on your skills and preferences. Upwork is one of the largest online earning websites, offering various jobs for freelancers in various fields. It may be a good fit if you have experience with software development or other tech-related fields, as it has a large selection of computer programming and engineering jobs.

5) Freelancers on Upwork are typically paid either hourly or per project. Hourly payments can be made via PayPal, direct deposit, wire transfer, or other methods accepted by the platform. If you’re working on a project-based job, you can usually negotiate payment terms with the employer before beginning the job.

6) My best experience with freelancers on Upwork was finding an experienced and talented programmer for a project I needed help with. He quickly understood the job's scope and worked diligently to complete it within the agreed timeframe. His communication was excellent, and he delivered what we had asked for competitively. It was a pleasure working with him, and I would definitely hire him again. Thanks to Upwork, I was able to find the perfect freelancer for my project!

7) I would recommend doing your own research on finding coupons for Upwork. Many coupon sites offer discounts and promotions for Upwork, but it can be difficult to determine whether or not these coupons are legitimate. However, I have shortlisted some of the more popular coupon sites for you to look into:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hi Syma, step 1 is to complete your Upwork profile before applying for any Jobs. Yes Upwork Freelancing is worth the time. I have made $850k on the site and going to $1 million next year. Good luck and have fun!

Hi William, glad to see words of encouragement. I believe I can also get to where you are, but probably am falling short of some **bleep** bits. If you can coach me, will be grateful 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths