cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a scam?

Aimee C Member Since: May 26, 2017
1 of 4

I got an message from **Edited for Community Guidelines** and he wanted to schedule an interview with his supervisor **Edited for Community Guidelines**.  It was done through Google hangout.  After finishing up with the interview (which was through text, not video interview) I felt a little suspicious because they offered me more than what I posted on my proposal.  Not only that, but they offered me a position after having me wait about 15 minutes while they were "speaking to their superior."  They did not as me for much information, but I did give them my address.  This is my first time finding work online, and I just want to double check if it's legit because I know there are many scams out there.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4
Yes this is a scam. Stop wasting your time talking to these people. Google Hangouts invitations = scam
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

Aimee, they are sending you a fake check. That's why they wanted your physical address. Real Upwork clients never ask for your physical address.

Just throw the check away.

The purpose of the check is to steal large amounts of money from your bank account.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Aimee,

We'll have the job reviewed and actions taken as soon as possible. Please, note that it's very important that all payments between you and clients you meet on Upwork are made on this platform to make sure your work and payments are protected. Check out this post for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS