🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is it good to continue applying for jobs that...
Page options
70e7767d
Community Member

Is it good to continue applying for jobs that have no payment verification badges?

Hello!

As to geting started with jobs on upwork seems somehow not easy, is it good to continue applying for jobs that have no payment verification badges? I ask this because I observed that such kind of jobs are very attractive.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

The basic rule is: if it sounds to good to be true, it is. Many scammers offer very high rates, but of course they never pay since it's their goal to steal your money. 

I recommend all new freelancers to stay away from payment unverified jobs until you know which ones are scams and which ones are legit. It takes a little practise to learn that skill. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hangnga156
Community Member

uhm.. Im not sure because I alway apply for clients who has payment verification. But, also I think no problem to continue applying those jobs, and when you are hired they will have to do payment verification to start contract through Upwork.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

The basic rule is: if it sounds to good to be true, it is. Many scammers offer very high rates, but of course they never pay since it's their goal to steal your money. 

I recommend all new freelancers to stay away from payment unverified jobs until you know which ones are scams and which ones are legit. It takes a little practise to learn that skill. 

70e7767d
Community Member

Thank you for your advice!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths