cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it necessary to take the test which I don't know?

Highlighted
Bhojendra R Member Since: Sep 21, 2016
1 of 7

I'm facing an issue while trying to submit a proposal. The job is like below:

Job Title:  WordPress or Joomla Website Development.

Tagged skills: WordPress, Joomla

I know Joomla very well and have taken the skill test but as of now I don't want to take the test for WordPress as I don't know about it very well and I'm trying to apply for Joomla!

Alas, Upwork doesn't allow me to submit a proposal.

I'll only take the WordPress Test after more progress on this regard. Or is it necessary to take the test for applying a job even I fail on the test would allow me to apply for that job? What you say?

PS: I've faced this type of issues previously as well.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
2 of 7

Do you know for sure that you're unable to submit the proposal because you need that test? I haven't heard of or experienced being unable to submit based on not having a certain test done. Maybe someone else can comment on that...

However, you can always take the Wordpress test now and then retake it later for a better score. Who knows...maybe you will pass. You've got nothing to lose except 10 or 15 minutes of your time. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 7

Bhojendra,

Apart from your test problems and Nia's very  practical advice, your profile picture looks quite mad and I am surprised Upwork let this through. If I were a client, I wouldn't care what tests you had passed, I would think you were under some sort of spell . . . I would bin your proposal before I even read your offer.

You need to upload a professional picture - not some sort of weird selfie - just sayin'.

Highlighted
4 of 7

@Nichola

I've modified my profile picture having a concept on my mind as picture shows "Still Awake" meaning a hard working guy.

Never thought from that point of view. Thanks for the suggestion, will change in near future.

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 7

Change it now. You look as if you are high on waccy baccy communing with some unseen angel.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 7

@Bhojendra R wrote:

@Nichola

I've modified my profile picture having a concept on my mind as picture shows "Still Awake" meaning a hard working guy.

Never thought from that point of view. Thanks for the suggestion, will change in near future.

Bhojendra, I think that is miles better. Good luck with your job hunting. Don't waste your connects. Only apply for the jobs that you know you can deliver 100%, and jobs that you want to do.

Highlighted
7 of 7

Thanks for your suggestion. I just tried a test for WordPress and got failed.

Anyway, I'm able to apply the job.

Ooops! Already hired someone else. I got little late to apply.