🐈 Community
javarozki

Is it normal?

I'm expecting my previous client is my first and last Project on this widely renowned Upwork platform due to the job requirements that suits my skills appears occasionally only and the consideration of stiff competiton globally.

I kept sending Proposal on the job that I can handle it professionally and suprisingly, I received a job contract with hourly base from the client and accept it without any preliminary technical interview to ensure the client that I'm capable to complete their Project. Is it normal practice from the client to offer a contract without interview? Maybe the client refers to my first successful Project.

5 REPLIES 5

Yes Junar, it is quiet normal. It depends on a client who they choose and how they choose. So, if they see that you are perfect fit for their job, they will choose you as Service Provider almost immediately. What you must ensure is to put all your efforts for successful completion of job, so you have a regular client. 

Best luck for the Job mate Smiley Happy

@Syed Zeeshan A wrote:

Yes Junar, it is quiet normal. It depends on a client who they choose and how they choose. So, if they see that you are perfect fit for their job, they will choose you as Service Provider almost immediately. What you must ensure is to put all your efforts for successful completion of job, so you have a regular client. 

Best luck for the Job mate Smiley Happy

Thanks Mr. Syed!! 

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Junar,

Clients sometimes do hire directly without posting a job first but in that case you need to review contract terms before accepting the offer, making sure the client has a verified payment method and discussing the job scope and requirements in detail before doing any work on the contract. It looks like this client does have a verified payment method and you are already communicating with them regarding the job details.

Also, make sure not to submit any work before you're hired on Upwork and have an active contract under your My Jobs tab, so you can get paid for the work you deliver.

Congrats on your second contract on Upwork!

Untitled

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Junar,

Clients sometimes do hire directly without posting a job first but in that case you need to review contract terms before accepting the offer, making sure the client has a verified payment method and discussing the job scope and requirements in detail before doing any work on the contract. It looks like this client does have a verified payment method and you are already communicating with them regarding the job details.

Also, make sure not to submit any work before you're hired on Upwork and have an active contract under your My Jobs tab, so you can get paid for the work you deliver.

Congrats on your second contract on Upwork!

Noted and Thanks Mr. Vladimir. 

I have hired about 40 different freelancers, and I have rarely used interviews. My job descriptions are very clear. People don't apply for the jobs unless they're a good fit. I can look at portfolios and profile pages.

Freelancers applying to my jobs can see my long history of working with freelancers who say that they had a great experience working with me.

With all that, interviews are usually a waste of time.

I usually hire without interviews and tell freelancers to go ahead and start working, without providing additional instructions.

Learning Paths