I've been thinking about buying maybe 10 connects to apply each day (I've run out of my month's supply) to apply to gigs - I do know, however, that freelancers have gotten in trouble for sending out to many proposals without getting hired. Is it safe to apply to say 5 gigs a day? What is a good number?
The trick to getting hired is NOT how many proposals you send. The trick is sending good proposals for jobs that you are well qualified for. I've never bought a single connect in 5 years. IMO, that's just crazy.
Mary gave sound advice. It's best that you send out proposals that are tailor-fit for each job post, which describes your skills, and experience, and how this can add value to the client's project.
You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:
Chris, when you run out of connects, it DOES NOT MEAN that it is time to buy more.
It means that is time for you to:
- work on improving your profile page
- work on making new and better portfolio items
- further study how Upwork works, including by reading Forum threads and Upwork Help section materials
- study the profile pages of successful freelancers who work in your job niche
- work on your skills, study, practice