🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is it okay to buy lots of Connects?
Page options
tophertime22
Community Member

Is it okay to buy lots of Connects?

I've been thinking about buying maybe 10 connects to apply each day (I've run out of my month's supply) to apply to gigs - I do know, however, that freelancers have gotten in trouble for sending out to many proposals without getting hired. Is it safe to apply to say 5 gigs a day? What is a good number?

Thanks!

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

The trick to getting hired is NOT how many proposals you send.  The trick is sending good proposals for jobs that you are well qualified for.  I've never bought a single connect in 5 years.  IMO, that's just crazy.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris, 

Mary gave sound advice. It's best that you send out proposals that are tailor-fit for each job post, which describes your skills, and experience, and how this can add value to the client's project. 

You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

17 Tips for Boosting Your Success on Upwork

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Chris, when you run out of connects, it DOES NOT MEAN that it is time to buy more.

It means that is time for you to:

- work on improving your profile page

- work on making new and better portfolio items

- further study how Upwork works, including by reading Forum threads and Upwork Help section materials

- study the profile pages of successful freelancers who work in your job niche

- work on your skills, study, practice 

jmeyn
Community Member

I fully agree with what Preston wrote. Looking at your profile page, what exactly do you want to offer? You simply don't mention it.

+ 1 to every comment posted.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths