🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is it okay to share links in your cover lette...
Page options
5a21b30d
Community Member

Is it okay to share links in your cover letter?

Hello Upwork community, how are you?
I have a question regarding the usage of links in cover letters I send to my clients. Every time I send a cover letter, I place a link to my Behance profile, so the person on the other side can easily open my portfolio. However, today I received a message from a client, telling me that my link was unable to be opened. So my question is, Can they open Behance/Dribbble links, or is it against the rules? Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Risto,

Yes, you can share a link to your portfolio in order for a potential client to review your work. Ideally, there shouldn't be any contact information in the links you share but, you may do so even if the website includes contact information. In these cases, please be sure to ask the client to only contact you through Upwork until a contract is started. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Risto,

Yes, you can share a link to your portfolio in order for a potential client to review your work. Ideally, there shouldn't be any contact information in the links you share but, you may do so even if the website includes contact information. In these cases, please be sure to ask the client to only contact you through Upwork until a contract is started. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
4f5c8092
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

What about my calendly link? So the client can quickly book a consultation with me.

Thank you

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for reaching out. You and your clients are free to use a scheduling tool that does not require sharing contact information. You may proceed if given a link to access the interview directly. You may also use Upwork Messages to discuss and set up an interview. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths