🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is it possible for the client to edit the con...
Page options
a_birowski
Community Member

Is it possible for the client to edit the contract after it was accepted?

Hello everyone!

I'm quite new to Upwork, and I'm working with my first client. I'm curious about how the contracts work. Is it possible for a client to edit a contract, after it's been accepted, without any notification to the freelancer? I thought I recalled my contract saying "$50 for 2 chapters" but now it says "$50 for 5 chapters." If I'm correct, the client is obviously trying to low ball me, but is there a way to know? A contract should obviously not be editable after both parties have accepted it, but it seems that other people have had this same trouble. 

Any advice would be great!

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

You mean the milestones after you've accepted the offer? I don't think they can change anything on a funded milestone. They can delete and redo unfunded milestones. They can also set up their own milestones when they send the offer.

If you're working on unfunded milestones, yer gonna have a bad time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

You mean the milestones after you've accepted the offer? I don't think they can change anything on a funded milestone. They can delete and redo unfunded milestones. They can also set up their own milestones when they send the offer.

If you're working on unfunded milestones, yer gonna have a bad time.

Thank you so much for your reply! I was hoping that Upwork locked down the verbage on a contract once there was money involved. It appears that I may have just read it wrong. I feel much safer using this site now, thank you!

Amber B wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply! I was hoping that Upwork locked down the verbage on a contract once there was money involved. It appears that I may have just read it wrong. I feel much safer using this site now, thank you!

Lose the "amateur". You might be one, but once you have a freelancer profile, you are a professional running your business and must behave like one. 

Of course you should only be offering skills you are really good at, otherwise it will end in tears. 

Thanks for the tip! I removed it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths