🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is it possible to be a Top rated or Top r...
Page options
jeffbanal
Community Member

Is it possible to be a Top rated or Top rated plus if you will have only 1 client?

Hello I'm just new here. I have to ask Is it possible to be a Top rated or Top rated plus if you will have 1 client only (full time/long contract)?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Jeffrey B wrote:

Hello I'm just new here. I have to ask Is it possible to be a Top rated or Top rated plus if you will have 1 client only (full time/long contract)?

Yes, but it will take you a very long time.

Petra R wrote:

Jeffrey B wrote:

Will it, though? If the person has only 1 contract in his lifetime as a freelancer, would he ever gain a JSS?

Martina P wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Jeffrey B wrote:

Will it, though? If the person has only 1 contract in his lifetime as a freelancer, would he ever gain a JSS?

Long term contracts that go on long enough eventually count as successfully completed contracts towards the JSS. I've seen at least one freelancer who got there on just one contract.

Alexis A wrote: Not sure if that's possible. To get Top Rated, you have to have a JSS score. To get a JSS score, you have to have worked with 4-6 different clients.

No, usually it's 4-6 completed contracts from 3 different clients. But very long term contracts are counted differently.

When you say long term contracts does 6-12 months counts as a long term? Or should be at least 1 year above?

alexis-arinze
Community Member

Jeffrey B wrote:

Not sure if that's possible. To get Top Rated, you have to have a JSS score. To get a JSS score, you have to have worked with 4-6 different clients.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths