🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is it possible to close the current agenc...
Page options
pankit-gami
Community Member

Is it possible to close the current agency and create the new agency?

I am partnering with one of my friends. He wants to create the Upwork agency from my profile.

Let's say after a year, they want to close the Upwork agency. Once they close their agency, Can I create my own agency?

So is it possible to close the current agency and create the new agency?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Pankit G wrote:

We are tieing up. They have really good offline clients and I have a good profile on Upwork.

That is not how it works. Your "friend" can not piggyback on your profile. NOBODY other than you can touch your account.

Your "friend" needs to register as a freelancer, get reviewed and approved ) (!) and then you can create an agency from your profile and add your friend as a business manager. Then you can run the agency together.

Do not let your friend touch your account or you will end up getting suspended.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Why does your friend want to create an agency from YOUR profile rather than his own?

We are tieing up. They have really good offline clients and I have a good profile on Upwork.

@Pankit G wrote:

That is not how it works. Your "friend" can not piggyback on your profile. NOBODY other than you can touch your account.

Your "friend" needs to register as a freelancer, get reviewed and approved ) (!) and then you can create an agency from your profile and add your friend as a business manager. Then you can run the agency together.

Do not let your friend touch your account or you will end up getting suspended.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths