cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is it possible to get Volunteer Work here?

Karen D Member Since: Mar 11, 2017
1 of 4
​​
My name is Karen and I live in United Kingdom 

I  am Physically Disabled but have a very active mind which needs to occupied.

Would I do Volunteer work at UpWork  as  I have good computer skills and am just looking for ways to use my mind and time in a positive way. I am slower but I will put the hours in until I finish each job.

Thank you
Karen

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

Karen, no, you can't work for free here, it is not allowed and frankly also does not make any sense, but why not put your skills to good use AND earn so cash at the same time? If you absolutely want to turn your work into something other than money for yourself, you can always donate what you make to your favorite charity!

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 4

In addition to what Petra wrote, you can set your hourly fee to $3 and bid $5 on fixed price jobs, and after Upwork deducts its fee, there won't be much income to feel guilty about.

Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

You have the following options:

- Work as a freelancer on Upwork FOR PAY. This may include working on fixed-price jobs that take you more time to do than the amont of time other freelancers might require. But the end result is the same, and the clients are paying you for the end result, regardless of the amount of time it takes.

- You may do volunteer work or send money to charitable organizations outside of Upwork.

- You may learn about Upwork and spend time answering questions and helping people in the Community Forum, which is something that benefits others, and is something Forum participants are not paid for.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS