🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is it possible to retroactively change my pay...
Page options
fa6918f1
Community Member

Is it possible to retroactively change my pay rate?

Hi. I’m new.
I have been clocking hours on a project that is flat rate, but it’s charging my client my hourly rate. Is it possible to decrease my hourly rate to match the flat rate or change the contract to flat rate? Assistance is appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Rose,

I checked your account, and it looks like your hourly rate for your project has already been updated. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
fa6918f1
Community Member

Hi,
I changed it for future hours, but can I change it for the hours I already
worked? She wants to pay me a flat rate for the project, and I have gone
way above it and am trying to make it match her rate so we can close out.

Hi Rose,

Is this supposed to be a fixed- price contract? You might want to check out this help article for more information. For more information regarding flat weekly payment, please check this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Rose D wrote:
Hi. I’m new.
I have been clocking hours on a project that is flat rate, but it’s charging my client my hourly rate. Is it possible to decrease my hourly rate to match the flat rate or change the contract to flat rate? Assistance is appreciated!

How is your client being charged an hourly rate? A job is either flat rate, or it's hourly ... it can't be both.

If the job is flat rate, you don't need to clock your hours. The client should have created a funded escrow with the budget you both agreed on.

fa6918f1
Community Member

I understood that she wanted to pay me a flat rate, but I also thought that
I was supposed to log my hours and her end allowed me to do so. I
definitely was not given a funded escrow.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths