🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is it possible to start working as Automa...
Page options
furs08
Community Member

Is it possible to start working as Automation QA(Selenium WebDriver/Appium) and Translator(Eng-Ru)

Hi there! I'm Ilya from Russia. I'm a beginner on Upwork. I need to figure out a few moments. I want to start working on Upwork as a Translator(English-Russian) and Automation QA(Selenium/Appium) at the same time. Is it allowed here? Or I need to select whom I want to be? Either Translator or QA? Could you please explain me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ilya F wrote:

Hi there! I'm Ilya from Russia. I'm a beginner on Upwork. I need to figure out a few moments. I want to start working on Upwork as a Translator(English-Russian) and Automation QA(Selenium/Appium) at the same time. Is it allowed here? Or I need to select whom I want to be? Either Translator or QA? Could you please explain me?

It is "possible" but unless you are actually a translator (rather than someone who happens to speak 2 languages) I would not advise it.

Nothing on your profile even hints at any professional translation experience.

If you are good at the technical stuff that is most likely also far more lucrative.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Ilya F wrote:

It is "possible" but unless you are actually a translator (rather than someone who happens to speak 2 languages) I would not advise it.

Nothing on your profile even hints at any professional translation experience.

If you are good at the technical stuff that is most likely also far more lucrative.

kat303
Community Member

If you are looking for work as a translator, you should defintely delete the test "English to Russian" below average test score and retake it to get a Much better score. 

furs08
Community Member

Thanks

cruel world 

Why?

jredwine
Community Member

I think it was remarking on the way you must be fairly experienced in order to apply, but I could be wrong

b7268e15
Community Member

Problem solving and translation

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths