cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to start working as Automation QA(Selenium WebDriver/Appium) and Translator(Eng-Ru)

Ilya F Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1 of 6

Hi there! I'm Ilya from Russia. I'm a beginner on Upwork. I need to figure out a few moments. I want to start working on Upwork as a Translator(English-Russian) and Automation QA(Selenium/Appium) at the same time. Is it allowed here? Or I need to select whom I want to be? Either Translator or QA? Could you please explain me?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Ilya F wrote:

Hi there! I'm Ilya from Russia. I'm a beginner on Upwork. I need to figure out a few moments. I want to start working on Upwork as a Translator(English-Russian) and Automation QA(Selenium/Appium) at the same time. Is it allowed here? Or I need to select whom I want to be? Either Translator or QA? Could you please explain me?

It is "possible" but unless you are actually a translator (rather than someone who happens to speak 2 languages) I would not advise it.

Nothing on your profile even hints at any professional translation experience.

If you are good at the technical stuff that is most likely also far more lucrative.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
3 of 6

If you are looking for work as a translator, you should defintely delete the test "English to Russian" below average test score and retake it to get a Much better score. 

4 of 6
Thanks
Bruna C Member Since: Jan 19, 2019
5 of 6

cruel world 

6 of 6

Why?