🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is it still possible to switch my skill focus...
Page options
samgoldie
Community Member

Is it still possible to switch my skill focus in the middle of account creation?

Hi, folks.

A few days ago, I started putting together my Upwork freelancer profile. Although I am more talented as a video editor, I decided to start with copyediting work, which I've been looking to do more of. By the time I learned that Upwork policy prohibits multiple accounts, I'd already selected a writing category, and there doesn't seem to be any way to go back and change it.

Does anyone know a work-around? My understanding is that I'll have a bad time if I try to delete this account and start a new one, despite the fact that I haven't worked any jobs, and my profile isn't even approved yet.

Thanks for your time, folks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your message. You are right, Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. But you do not have to make a new account in order to change your category. 

Please, log into your account on Upwork.com, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Once a review of your account is over, you will be able to change your account information under your Account settings. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your message. You are right, Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. But you do not have to make a new account in order to change your category. 

Please, log into your account on Upwork.com, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Once a review of your account is over, you will be able to change your account information under your Account settings. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
samgoldie
Community Member

Thanks for the info, Bojan! To be clear, I can change my information even if the account review results in my account not being approved? I don't know if that's common or not, so I thought I'd ask to be sure.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam,

Yes, you will be able to edit your account information regardless of whether it's approved or not. At this point of your profile creation, you won't be able to change desired information. I wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
samgoldie
Community Member

Thanks for your help!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths