cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a fee for this website?

Highlighted
Sara W Member Since: Jun 21, 2017
1 of 5

I am new to up work and need to know is there a fee for new job searchers? And how does one know how much they will be paid, and can they be paid thru PayPal?   **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 5

@Sara W wrote:

I am new to up work and need to know is there a fee for new job searchers? And how does one know how much they will be paid, and can they be paid thru PayPal?   arawhite7110@gmail.com 

There is no need to shell money out just to have a gig here just as there is no need for you to publish your email address in your post, Sara.  Payment is protected through either hourly or fixed-price schemes.  PayPal is a valid payment option (if it is available in your area, I think).  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
3 of 5

It's her paypal in case you want to send money...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
4 of 5

@Baris A wrote:

It's her paypal in case you want to send money...

I will do that Baris, that is, once I overcome my extreme credit card phobia.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Sarah,

Please check the Upwork service fee details, which is applied to a payment you receive from clients for the work you deliver.

Freelancers can bid a rate they feel is appropriate for the work advertised in a job post and later contract terms and rate are agreed upon in the interview stage, before the contract is created.

All payments have to be processed through Upwork, but you can later withdraw your earnings to your PayPal account.

Please complete your profile and feel free to follow up in the Community once your profile is approved.