🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is there any penalty for late deliveries?
Page options
mfaheemakhtar
Community Member

Is there any penalty for late deliveries?

Hi, I'm kind of new here (focusing more now) and I have got a small project.

Based on the initial conversation with the client, I gave the deadline of 5 January and delivered the work on 4. The client took 2 days to review the work and submitted a request for change.

Some changes were in the scope and some additional, which was not discussed initially. Anyway, I worked on them and submitted the work again the same day (yesterday). 

The client said that they will check the work and let me know. But they changed the status to "Requested Changes", which is kind of weird since they have not checked yet.

I've just sent them a message asking for any updates by using the Submit work button. 

I'm not new to freelancing but where I was focusing more, there is a penalty for delivering late. Is there any chance that late delivery can be used as an excuse for any cancellation or dispute? My experience says that the client will ask for more additional work, which I'm going to deny. 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Faheem A wrote:

Is there any chance that late delivery can be used as an excuse for any cancellation or dispute?

You didn't deliver late. But the client can dispute anyway. Nobody checks the validity of a dispute request.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Faheem A wrote:

Is there any chance that late delivery can be used as an excuse for any cancellation or dispute?

You didn't deliver late. But the client can dispute anyway. Nobody checks the validity of a dispute request.

Thank you, Petra.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths