🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is there any place one Upwork for new Freelan...
Page options
9434db9d
Community Member

Is there any place one Upwork for new Freelancers

Hi its been while i am using upwork. I have been regularly submitting proposals to the jobs that i am experienced in and have all the necessary skills. But i do not know whats preventing my profile to be hired by any client. Help is needed please
6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

I usually have to wait 2-4 weeks for something after I dump some connects.

9434db9d
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. Actually i have not got a single response in couple of weeks that is why i am getting worried and have started to think that this is not the right place for me 😓
lysis10
Community Member

Danish Hussain M wrote:
Thank you for your reply. Actually i have not got a single response in couple of weeks that is why i am getting worried and have started to think that this is not the right place for me 😓

I didn't look at your profile, but if it's just word salad my comments probably don't apply much.

The competition on Upwork is tough, as you've no doubt realized already. The majority of people who try Upwork don't get any jobs at all.

It's not enough to know that you can do a job. You have to be able to convince the client that you can do the job better than the other applicants. I would try to find jobs which are more specialized and where you have particularly relevant experience that you can mention. Good luck!

robin_hyman
Community Member

Danish Hussain M wrote:
Hi its been while i am using upwork. I have been regularly submitting proposals to the jobs that i am experienced in and have all the necessary skills. But i do not know whats preventing my profile to be hired by any client. Help is needed please

Your profile is a dump of words that make no sense.  How can an electrical engineer from Pakistan help a US-based client?  

Thank you for your comments. Well i can not help out in the onsite installation and commissioning of any project that is outside Pakistan but i can privide technical Consultancy regarding Design of projects related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering, write technical reports, perform calculations and estimations, review reports or analysis performed etc. Based on my 14 years professional experience i can do these things. And as mentioned in my post, i have applied for only those jobs which are relavent to my expertise and skills. I have not applied for any job, in which i have 1% doubt of not delivering the requirements of the client/job. Any advise of your's about improving my profile is requested please.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths