cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way or option to get a coupon/promo code when purchasing connects?

Sankar M Member Since: May 9, 2018
11 of 28

You have put it really well. If I had money to pay I would have done something else

Muhammad J Member Since: Jul 28, 2017
12 of 28

Hello,  I am working at upwork since 2009.  while it was  oDesk.   I know what was the issue that why clients are not going to call you interview.

**Edited for community guidelines**

i applied on 10 jobs and got 3 confirm jobs.... 

explaining it here.

1.  Make sure, you have attractive Profile title and first 2 lines of your profile.. 

Reson :  When you submit application / bid on a job,  the first view of all applications showed your Profile title and your first 2 lines.   If you write really attractive cover letter,  it will not visible to the employer till up they open it.

so this is really really important point related to Upwork and applying bid.  You must have good enough title and first 2 line of your profile.  

Question is, How i will know that,  "How its look like"  so just copy your profile link and open it at other browser.
https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0180be4185b345e17b/

see my profile,  and how it looks like to the employer who is searching for talent..

Muhammad.png

As you can see, its almost a little bit attractive then a normal view.   So when you apply  on job, the employer get this view., not your cover letter.  Once he saw this, this is a little attractive and he must click on your profile and read your cover letter.

So now next step is :  How to write a good cover letter.   (idea can be seen from upwork help center or community)  

and  MAJOR AND MOST IMPORTANT POINT.

1.  Never apply or submit proposal on job which have more then 10 proposals already submitted before you going to submit. See below.....

application bid.png

2.  Never apply on job where client have NO work history at upwork or they have not verified payment mode and $0 or less then $100 spent at UpWork. (you losing your connects or maybe wasting it like garbiage)

example :  see image below,

no spent.png

maybe my this effort will help you to get new jobs and future success.  

Trust me UpWork is at their best in market and offering really gr8 services. i have only 1 profile and its only at Upwork. i never work at any other sites. Cause i am getting much enough projects to keep me busy daily 10 - 12 hours.

**Edited for community guidelines**

(Modrator -  if sharing info of skype or email is violoation of policty then please just delete my info from this post, but do not remove whole reply cause it will help the new commerce and new talant who want to work specially at work.  I never want to violate the policcy, just want to help people.  I can also make video and put on youtube to get more like n subscription but i am not going to do that. cause i want Real and fair help to others, not to make money).

Gurjit S Member Since: Nov 12, 2018
13 of 28

Hi Muhammad J,

I appreciate the way you have explained everything in your answer.

What is better in your opinion, Buying connects or Plus membership?

Thanks

Muhammad J Member Since: Jul 28, 2017
14 of 28
Hello.

to buying connect or having plus membership is depend on need and current
situation.

I prefer to buy connects, $12 is nothing. So i bought the connects and
utilize them till up next 2 months.

but if i go with membership, i have to pay monthly, Which i dont need now.
cause have enough work and projects. So it depend on need.
Sumitta S Member Since: Aug 6, 2019
15 of 28

Helpful info .Thanks

Nerses Z Member Since: Nov 17, 2015
16 of 28

Hi Scott,

I understand what you are talking about, but the thing is that lately also the clients that even need really high quality product they search for a unreal cheap contractors. They ask for estimation on hourly job to make bug fixing without showing a line of code. A lot of fake job posts. A lot of statistical job posts. A lot of manipulations with comparing to low-cost(low quality) developers. Clients asks highly experienced developers to do complex project for unreal low prices. I really don't understand what happened to clients during this 2 years, but seems upwork should do something with this in order to not to spoil the reputation. There are a lot of this kind of clients that destroy the connects.

I think upwork should isolate the cheap clients with low quality contractors in separate group, so cheap clients couldn't search for high quality contractors and low quality contractors couldn't apply to job posts that is for experts.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
17 of 28
Lol the complaint that clients are looking for high quality at a cheap price is stupid. Of course people want high quality for cheap. That’s like hitting the lottery. It’s stupid freelancers that actually do it that’s the problem.
Joseph B Member Since: Jul 19, 2018
18 of 28

I always go cheaper than the competitor but i also go for just under competitors not the same pay.   so i'm consistly looking up prices to make things better for the customer.

Richard G Member Since: Jan 24, 2018
19 of 28

I was about to write my own post regarding this issue. I think the issue would be solved if Freelancers could be refunded when withdrawing a proposal instead of waiting 30 days of inactivity. Freelancers are definately getting the shorter end of the stick when it comes to how much we have to pay upwork commission, upwork connects, membership, and in taxes.

Upwork makes it very hard to retain clients through the upwork platform. Its extremely more lucrative to convert your existing upwork clients outside of the platform.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
20 of 28

Hi Shihab-Ul H,

We don't have any ongoing promotions and unfortunately won't be able to provide you with a promo code. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS