🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is there no support on this site?
Page options
12b64528
Community Member

Is there no support on this site?

I'm trying to contact support but can't seem to find any contact information, open a ticket, etc. I hope I didn't make a mistake from switching from another freelancer site.

17 REPLIES 17
prestonhunter
Community Member

Kyle, underneath your name it shows that this is your first post.

This tells us that this is the first time you have tried to ask a question in the Community Forum.

For most questions, this is the fastest and most accurate way to get information about how to use Upwork.

What is your question?

My question is, is there no direct support on this site?

re: "My question is, is there no direct support on this site?"

There is direct support on this site.

The type and availability of support varies depending on a varity of factors:

- whether one is a client or a freelancer

- one's status as a "Top Rated" freelancer, or otherwise

- where a person lives

- the day of the week and time of day

- the current availability of system resources

The primary method for direct support is opening up a support ticket.

Some people have access to live chat support, phone and/or email support.

Here is a (pre-censored) look at what I see currently when I go to the support page:

support.png

I'm an employer. Can you direct me to where I can open a ticket? I can't find anything. Thanks

Kyle:

Try this:

Click on the green question mark in the top-righthand corner of the screen.

Click on Help and Support.

That should take you to the Support page.

You can also try going there directly:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

All I have is the FAQ/knowledge base. No other options.

Kyle:

A few things...

Your question (about whether or not Upwork offers direct support) was already answered in some detail.

You are welcome to answer other questions here.

Are you logged in when you go to that page?

When I go to that page without being logged into my Upwork account, I do not have any access to direct support either.

help.png

Yes I am logged in. This is ridiculous. I'm closing my account.

Hi Kyle,

I see you have submitted a ticket, but you didn't share what your question is so the team could address your concerns. You can access your support tickets on this page under My Requests. An agency will follow up with you via the ticket shortly and assist you with your issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Idon't feel like sharing my issue with the whole community. The fact I don't have access to a private ticket, chat or phone number is ridiculous. I googled the phone number and phoned support. That's a bit embarrassing.

re: "I don't feel like sharing my issue with the whole community."

When you open a support ticket, you are not sharing your private issue with the whole community.

Opening a support ticket means submitting a help desk request that is only seen handled by the Upwork employee assigned to handle the ticket. This is no different than how a customer support ticket would be handled that you submit to any other company or website, such as your phone service provider or electric company.

That is completely different than requesting help here in the Community Forum, which IS indeed sharing your question with the whole community.

Preston H,

I seem unable to find any place to open a support ticket as well.  I can navigate to My Requests, but that page only greets me with "No requests found."

I'm curious, where on the page do you see options to submit a ticket or contact someone. (I also am having issues with the displayed profile completion percentage, it seems stuck at 40%, perhaps the two issues are not unrelated).

I appreciate your time.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Ephron

Jeremy: different people see different things on the support page.

You may need to complete your profile before you are able to submit help desk tickets.

if you have general questions, you can search for answers and post new questions here in the forum.

Preston, a couple of months ago the mods confirmed that some users do not have even the ability to submit a support ticket. It seems to be quite a lot of them, and their only recourse seems to be to state their general area of concern (if it's an issue that requires direct service) in the forums and wait for a moderator to notice and deem it worthy of follow-up.

That's true Tiffany, but I've also seen them freely share the link to open a support ticket. I've shared this myself and seen other forum participants share it and not been censored (that I've noticed). Perhaps the link only works if you do indeed have that option.

11b1d7e4
Community Member

I also can't contact the support. There is a utton "Get help" at the bottom of the page, but when I click it it disappears and happens nothing. I tried everything: anothre browser, clearing cookies. Just a waste of time. I was able to leave just a feedback about the usage of the platform but I'm not sure that someone really cares about it. I registered the account and cant use it at the moment. Ridiculous!  I think the most reasonable way is to close my account and go to another platform. 

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience contacting our support team. I see that you were able to reach our support team via chat already. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths