🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is there something wrong with my profile that...
Page options
jeza_l
Community Member

Is there something wrong with my profile that I could not get clients

Is there something wrong with my profile that I could not get clients.

Even if I tried applying to different job posted. I feel like something isn't fully complete with my account.

3 REPLIES 3
kirnazdogan
Community Member

You're new for now, and it will be challenging for you to get jobs until you get your "Rising Talent" badge. Check this article to learn about it.  I've checked your profile, and I see that you've written a book about yourself. I suggest you simplify it. Check this article for further reading about your profile. You've set your availability "As needed - open to offers", try to change it as "Less/More than 30 hours" to make things certain. That's all for now. Hope you will get your first job and 5-star feedback. Good luck! 🙂

susie_r
Community Member

Hi! I agree with Dogan about simplifying your bio. I noticed a few spelling/grammar errors as well so look over it one more time. Best of luck!

mtngigi
Community Member

@jeza_l wrote:

Is there something wrong with my profile that I could not get clients.

Even if I tried applying to different job posted. I feel like something isn't fully complete with my account.

It is way, way too long. No client will read that wall of text. Edit and put important information at the top. When I see someone stating 24/7 availability, I find that claim odd. Does that mean you never sleep, run errands, eat, etc.? How is that even possible? Also, the category you're in is highly over-saturated, so there's a lot of competition. You'll have to make your profile stand out among the crowd.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths