🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is there still a 48 hour window until the...
Page options
stephen_ashley
Community Member

Is there still a 48 hour window until the Rising Talent badge appears?

I received the pop-up notification last night and completed the readiness test, got the email today and took the test again just to be sure, and am still waiting 6 hours later.

I see a few past answers referencing an additional 48 hour wait time, but I know the badge program was changed recently, so I'm wondering if that's still accurate? I've got my first 6 proposals sitting there and would love to have those clients see that badge the next time they log in.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's good to hear, Stephen. If you meet the qualifications of the program, you should receive the badge within 48-hours. You may read more about the Rising Talent Program on this help article

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's good to hear, Stephen. If you meet the qualifications of the program, you should receive the badge within 48-hours. You may read more about the Rising Talent Program on this help article

~ Avery
Upwork
yitwail
Community Member

Stephen, if you look at the article Avery linked to, you will see this disclaimer right below the bullet list of requirements:

As a reminder, we look at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile upon submission, including prior experience and skills and your educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the market.

If all it took was to meet all the requirements, they wouldn't need to also "look at a variety of factors", so if you don't get the badge, that means you didn't make the cut for other reasons.

Note to moderators: if my understanding is incorrect, then I urge you to set the record straight. On the other hand, if it's true that simply doing everything listed in the Become a Rising Talent page does not guarantee receiving the badge, then why not modify the page so it's clear that once the requirements are met, Upwork still has the option to NOT award the badge at their discretion?

Nah, I've got the badge. The email is the acceptance, whatever you're quoting from is not the email I'm referring to.

My question was whether a delay of up to 48 hours before it appears on my profile is still applicable with the new badge regime, the answer seems to be yes, it is.

Stephen, congratulations in that case. It wasn't clear from Avery's reply that you were actually awarded the badge.

Learning Paths