🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is this REAL or Scam..Please help..New to...
Page options
bonita_w
Community Member

Is this REAL or Scam..Please help..New to Upwork..read message I received:

Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to invite you to an online position interview\briefing exercise. Your details has been forwarded to **Edited for community guidelines**. He will be conducting an online interview with you to discuss the Job Details, Descriptions, Pay Scale and Benefits, etc.
You are to set up a free account on Telegram App and add up him up, with this link **Edited for community guidelines**

Your swift and timely response matters a lot. Do have a good day.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you both your responses.  Yes, someone is waiting for me online.  I aways get these it seems.

I am new to Upwork, no first job yet, so I have no idea what a REAL interview invitation would even look like.  I have nothing to compare real vs a scam.  

Thanks again for your help and responses.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Bonita W wrote: 

Is this REAL or Scam..

Looks like a scam.

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Bonita W wrote:
Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to invite you to an online position interview\briefing exercise. Your details has been forwarded to **Edited for community guidelines**. He will be conducting an online interview with you to discuss the Job Details, Descriptions, Pay Scale and Benefits, etc.
You are to set up a free account on Telegram App and add up him up, with this link **Edited for community guidelines**

Your swift and timely response matters a lot. Do have a good day.

Full time employment positions are very rare, first red flag. "Hiring manager" is not a term people use. The person is waiting for you online? Serious people would schedule a time. 

The sense of urgency, promise of employment, is all intended for you to develop a sense of comfort that you will earn money with them. Which you will not, probably some kind of scam. 

Thank you both your responses.  Yes, someone is waiting for me online.  I aways get these it seems.

I am new to Upwork, no first job yet, so I have no idea what a REAL interview invitation would even look like.  I have nothing to compare real vs a scam.  

Thanks again for your help and responses.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths