🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is this a SCAM
Page options
3c42b78f
Community Member

Is this a SCAM

Hi. I am new in Upwork. I receive a job offer asking me to download the crypto app from a link sent by them, asking me to do a task sample to see if I understund the job before opening a contract.

I feel like it is a scam. Please advise. Thanks.

**Edited for community guidelines**

11 REPLIES 11
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Scam

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, I think it is. Plus, don't do any free work for anyone. Flag it and report them so that it can be taken down before someone falls for it. Please see this excellt post on how to spot and protect yourself from scams: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/List-of-red-flags-for-scams/m-p/1017336#M158807

Thanks for the reply, I was about to report them but I found the job offer already removed.

Thanks for the Upwork's team.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fatima,

Thank you for flagging this for us.

I’ve escalated this report to the correct team for their review and the project has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. Please check this help article for crucial information that will help you have a safe and successful journey on Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3c42b78f
Community Member

Thanks. I'll do.

I am being asked also for the same today to download crypto currency portfolio. i didnt reply back to them coz i was thinking that its not related to the job offer.

Hi Cherrylyn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the client and contract you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Fatima:
The job post you asked about is a crypto currency job.

Crypto currency jobs are for crypto currency experts.

If you have to ask other people if a crypto currency job is a scam, then it means you don't have the expertise necessary to be involved with such a job. You must turn such jobs down.

d93ba64a
Community Member

Hi , I also am new on upwork .

I  was  contacted today by a company named aminojobs .

I applied for a simple type writing job ,after a while I got a message from them asking me to contact them via telegram .

I contacted them, they offered me another job of retyping 200 images and converting them into a single pdf file, deadline was of 3 days amd they would pay me $3000 after completing the project.

I felt like it was a scam and declined their offer by telling them that I can't complete their project.

I also asked them to contact me via upwork but they said they have a partnership with upwork.

I also took screenshots of their msgs btw.

It is a scam. Flag and report them.

d5f567c5
Community Member

All those are scams, I am also very new and Ive been getting clients who redirect me to whatsapp or telegram once there they send me some details and ask which project i want to pick and each of the project has an amount of money that they require the freelancer to pay saying its security or insurance money.

And with all this scams it becomes hard for some of us to even get started on jobs that we can show on our portfolio.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths